PB'd 5k

Ran to Laura's 5k+ stamina, and managed a mahoosive 4 secs off my 5k PB (achieved at my second parkrun way back before IBS took over, just after graduating). Am both surprised and delighted! I just wanted to manage to run 5k again!

Yes it WAS flipping hard work, mind you, and I really was a beetroot faced fish out of water... It was only cos I'm an ornery so and so that kept me going longer than 15 mins when I started to feel sick. But I kept up with the pace, I completed the 35 min run and Mapmyrun has me completing the 5k within that at 32:53, not quick but quick for me 😀

Moral of the story is that the tough ones are worth it 😀

Oh, and you often can find a way even when your body rebels against you in the most unpleasant way ( argh for some reason as I typed that last bit I was singing it a la Mary Poppins Spoonful of Sugar!!!)

Have fun all you runners- if not during the run then during those lovely moments in your warm down walk when you can reflect on being alive and enjoying it!

10 Replies

• Congratulations on that new PB! Now you have me singing a certain tune!! 😕😊

• We will all be bouncing round to that tune for the rest of the day now!!!! :)

• Congratulations rainshine, that's a tremendous PB. Well done :)

• Very well done! A pb just gives you a boost for the rest of the day doesn't it! Congratulations - it is all hard work but so worth it. :)

• Well done!

Sounds like a tough run, so to get a PB from that is excellent going!

You have now condemned me to humming that song for the rest of the afternoon, you realise!

• Congratulations ☺

• Congrats! I love those podcasts, I can bore for England about them! I got a PB last week too with stamina, and I've knocked 14 mins off my 5K time since I graduated. Stick with it, it will contiune to work...

• ah CurlyG, I am so envious of you! Never mind. I feel it's harder work improving AFTER graduation... oh and I am not managing to shift excess weight either... never mind I must be cahoots healthier. So glad you use the + podcasts- I haven't been brave enough to try speed yet- that Stamina one was a WHOPPER!!!

• They ARE hard, but even if you can't complete them at first (I couldn't) keep plugging away at them, they get easier. I really find they work - I graduated Aug 2014, so that 14 mins has been quite gradual!

Speed is very short, 5 mins jogging then 8 intervals - 16 minutes in total, go on, give it a go, you might surprise yourself! Let me know how you get on.

I don't know how long ago you graduated, but if you mix things up - intervals, fast runs like stamina and long slow runs, you'll see the improvement. xx

• Oh, and your time is brilliant! I've just managed to get to 5K before the podcast finished for the first time...I was over the moon with that!

You may also like...