Week 7 run 1

Will be done today! I went out yesterday and ran for 1k and stopped! I have never ever done that. I've been working constantly and was so wound up not even the running was helping and my knee was sore so I just stopped and went home. I managed a good rest (left work after only 3hours last night) and am feeling able to cope with human life again so this run WILL be complete today :-) and I am looking forward to it :-) have a nice day everyone

5 Replies

• Well done for keeping with the program, but if you are having pain, listen to your body. Running with pain can cause more injury. It is okay to take a few rest days. The nice thing about the program is that you can do it at your own pace.

• Welcome to running!! There will also be future days when it just doesn't 'work" for you - just go home, forget about it, get some rest - and you will be on your way again.

• Thanks both :-) in fairness absolutely nothing was working for me yesterday I just wanted to hide away and that was the only thing that was going to ease the situation ! Now that I have been able to do that I can carry on. The pain I get in my legs comes and goes and is tolerable it's due to very flat feet and also I have an accesory navicular which is stupidly large on my right foot as well as tibia rotation which affects my knees ! I've rested up and will give it another go today as my mind could do with the workout more than anything.

• We are all right behind you... I'm sure you'll nail it :)

• Thankyou! Always such great support on here so understanding xx

You may also like...