Have I really just done that???

Well, I blame this site :) ... I've just signed for my first HM - next May, on the day of my birthday -

considering that I haven't even run a 5 k race is this total madness? Surely there are plenty of races I could do between now and then... the real challenge will be being in the midst of a crowd, I dread that more than running 13.1!!

It is something I have been coveting since I first heard of it 4 years ago - as it takes place in a most stunning scenery, and it is a charity run.

bayrun.ie

Anyone here tempted? Perfect time of the year to spend a short holiday in West Cork!

And you could join me for cake afterwards :)

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Woohoo Pigivi, get you! :) It looks like a beautiful course but a bit hilly in parts. Enjoy your training and, especially, enjoy the race on the day :)

• You will great, running with people is great! You will be fab, good luck with training

• Look at those hills! It is a gorgeous part of the world though and I'm sure the views will be great from the top! Good luck with the training.

• Thank to all :) Oh... the hills! I have to start training on those - not too hard to find them - I actually live on top of one, and I still have not found a flat route around here, and you can just imagine how often I wish I lived in the Netherlands :)

• Thank to all :) Oh... the hills! I have to start training on those - not too hard to find them - I actually live on top of one, and I still have not found a flat route around here, and you can just imagine how often I wish I lived in the Netherlands :)

• I am doing the hackney run on 10th may. I am also going from 5km to HM. Let's be mad Together. Last year my run has 12000 entrants so I am a bit nervous about that. Good luck with your training and happy running.

• Brilliant, we can virtually train togehter :)

Happy running!

• Get a proper training plan and you'll do it! It's good to have a plan.

Have fun!

• Every time I enter an event I ask myself the same question. Every time I line up on the start line I get butterflies and every time I cross the finish line I feel absolutely incredible!

Put in the training effort and you'll be fine. You've got plenty of time to work your way up to the distance.

• Wow, you are brave!!!! The run sounds amazing though, & you have time to do some training & some shorter events. You can do it. We're behind you all the way! As Ancientmum says too, make sure you enjoy it, that's the main thing x

You may also like...