Couch to 5K

That elusive final run... Done!

That elusive final run... Done!

Dosed up with paracetamol & antihistamine, I set out for my w9r3 session, the last run of the couch to 5k programme, my first run for 9 days & my first outdoor run for exactly 2 weeks. My God it was hard. I had gremlins hanging off every limb, really in the first 5 minutes when I'm sure I was doing some sort of Highland Fling rather than running as I just could not work out my pace or breathing. But I just kept telling myself I could do it. I had already done it. I had run the 5k I'd started the programme for in the first place, & I'd already done both an indoor & an outdoor 30 minute run. This was just a tick box exercise. Ok, my eyes are still swollen (though better than yesterday) & my nose & throat aren't great, so I was doing more mouth breathing than I would normally, but I was at least breathing so that's always a bonus! Anyway, heavy-legged, & I'm sure doing little more than a running-style power walk in places, I did it. I did my final 30 minutes & went so far round my normal route that I had to stop & turn back to avoid ending up in completely the wrong place.

Thank you all for your advice & support over the last few weeks & especially in response to my last post. It has been great knowing that there are people out there who get what we're going through, good & bad.

Now, what's next?!

31 Replies
oldestnewest

Breathing, always good... go you GRADUATE!!!!!

What's next....? Well, you bask in the well deserved glory.. you rest a bit then ...party time.. we are we are all here, celebrating that achievement!!

Take a bit of time to start feeling more chipper... then just move onto some runs for joy...just because you can :) Then some consolidation of the 30 minute runs.. and shorter routes too.. plenty of time for that though..just enjoy this moment and go get that badge!!

1 like

How do I get the badge on here lol? Not that I'm being needy or anything...!

1 like

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

That should take you there.. :))

1 like

Aha! Thank you. Oo it's there already! 😄

1 like

It really suits you... very, very very well done:)

2 likes

Thank you so very much for all your advice & motivation x

1 like

Woohoo!!!!!

1 like

Im happy for you. Huge well done. Celebration time!

1 like

Thank you!

Whoop whoop SunnyMummy 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉👏👏👏

You nailed that Graduation run despite the conjunctivitis... Very well done to you😊

Now we can hold the podium ceremony and get the balloons out🎈🎈🎈🎊🎊🎊whilst you do a little dance and are awarded your badge...

Go you...and now your adventures begin Runner...😊xxx

I think McFitty is in charge of the champers...

1 like

Fab! I haven't won any sort of badge for running since I was at infants school 😄

1 like

Wear it with pride😆😉

You've earned it.x

1 like

So you got there. Congratulations.

In some way I hope the antihistamines don't work, because that might mean you have to face this every year. Best wishes for your recovery and your future running.

Keep running, keep smiling.

1 like

Thank you. I'm not sure that the tablet I took this morning made any difference. My eyes seemed better whilst out, albeit protected behind my shades, whereas my nose & throat have been fairly consistently grotty most of the day. I think - maybe hope - that it is a virus. I've also been quite achy at times which I don't think would be hay fever or other allergy related. I'm currently just flushing & wiping my eyes with saline & that seems to be helping.

Well done Sunny ☀️You are a Graduate! 😃 Congratulations 🏃‍♀️👍✔️🍾🥂🍰

1 like

Thank you 😄

Congratulations 🥇

Thank you ☺

Congratulations! And breathing is always better than the alternative.

1 like

Yes that's what'I reckon too 😂

Well done! Hope you're feeling a bit better. Have some rest in this heat & then enjoy......!

1 like

Thank you Slinky! Not sure 'rest' is on my agenda for about another 17 years but am being less busy lol.

1 like

Well done, just finished week 8 run 2 earlier today so will hopefully be feeling the graduation buzz next weekend

1 like

Yay, go you! I'm feeling a bit mixed now as it's both the end of something I'm not sure I ever thought I'd do, & the beginning of the next challenge.

1 like

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!!! :)

1 like

Cheers! ☺

1 like

Huge congratulations👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼. Funny how we are all motivated by getting a funny grey smudge next to our names!

Just one thing though, that was not the last run, but the first on your graduate running career. Party🎉🎉, rest up and run for fun 🏃🏼‍♀️😀👍🏼. Don't worry about what comes next until you come down from that graduating high😀😀😜

1 like

Thank you. Yes technically I had already done 3 30 minuters but I counted my 5k (a 33 min run) as the third of my week 8 ones due to its timing. Glutton for punishment me lol.

I'm going to run again tomorrow - want to keep the habit - but think will just basically repeat w9 for a bit until they feel more comfortable. I had one very good one in but the first & last were pretty tough going. Then we'll see about maybe 10k training...

Well done !!! X

1 like

Thank you LouLou!

1 like

Well done!

1 like

You may also like...