Week6R3 done

Wooo hoooo !!! 25 mins running and still breathing :D and as Laura says Im a " runner" 2/3 of the way to graduation :D Will have to adjust my route slightly ,which will include sone inclines (small hills lol ) think i am strong enough now to tackle those now :D sticking with my routine of having 2 days off then start Week7 on tuesday :D Week 7/8/9 bring it on :D

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done Rob... does feel good to tick that one off!

• Thanks Andy :D it is anothe big step completed , it amazes me how despite what appear to be big jumps in running times we still do them :D this program definitely works :D

• Well done Mr Runner!!

• haha thanks runningknitter :D runner still seems a little strange to beleive

• You're on the final hurdle Rob. If you can run for 25 minutes you can definitely run for 30. And your routine seems to work so very sensible to keep at it.

• Thanks irishprincess :D it is tempting to get a little carried away when each week you acheive all the runs , although not necessarily easily .I am sticking with laura she has got me this far :D :D and sticking with my routine , The sense of acheivement is building each week and only 3 weeks to go now :D

• Great weeks, 7, 8 & 9 you will definitely get that post run buzz! Time to start thinking about what you will do when you've graduated ...?!

• Registered for parkrun initially :D see how that goes , want to get to that 5k in 30 mins :D then go from there :D will probably do the other podcasts, speed and stamina etc :D am also looking at doing something on my non run days - local leisure centre does some circuit training classes once a week which I am looking at :D

• I've just joined the forum :) Hi everyone :) I completed the 3rd run of week 6 this morning. 6am in the morning along the north bank of the river Loire near Blois. Much easier than I was expecting. As Laura says, by this time we've put in enough training to have the stamina for this. It's a wonderful feeling though, I know that there's no way I could have done it 2 months ago. The C25K plan really does work beautifully. Laura's encouragement and friendly voice is such a help, I'm going to really miss her when the program is over :( . I never thought that I would like running, the last time I ran was at school, and then I didnt enjoy it. I'm now 51, and although have been cycling on and off for a while was getting a bit unfit, and a bit over weight. In january this year had half of left lung removed for a beneign tumer, and was even finding walking 12km a bit tiring. Started walking regularly to gain fitness and saw C25K as a way to improve fitness further. Now I'm really loving running. I'm already wondering what the next step will be after C25K. I've downloaded the C25K+ podcasts ready. Anyone reading this wondering whether to give it a go, please do. It's much more enjoyable than I expected, and the gentle progression keeps the motivation going. I love C24K, and cant recommend it enough :)

You may also like...