week 2 done!

just completed week 2 on saturday - it was hard! then i had told my mum who wants to start the programme and i offered to come on her first run on week one with her for support on my rest day. i didnt think i had improved at all during week 2 as i found it tough but i had no problem running a week one run - was even faster and it didnt hurt at all - it totally cheered me up as it proved i am fitter and it does help! i would recomend it to anyone to do a week one run if ur feeling down to prove how far you have came!

bring on week 3!

13 Replies

• I agree - it is quite nice to go back and do a run from week 1.

I've just done a couple of those as first steps back after a layoff with a knee injury. It's been nice comparing how I've felt now with how I remember I felt when I first did them.

Couple of runs from week 2 for me this week, then back on plan starting week 3 on Sunday if all goes well.

• injurys really muck everything up! hope u get ur week two done and ur knee doesnt cause u any problems!

• So far it's been great - no reaction at all. So *touches wood* hopefully it'll be ok when I increase the running on it tomorrow.

If things go to plan we should end up graduating this thing within a few days of each other.

• possibly - hopefully i will graduate! my body wasnt built for running! my aim is to get to week 5 - smaller goal as i have a wedding to attend then. then i will aim to graduate! fingers crossed!

did u run before ur injury?

• Since I left school, the only running I'd done was the first 2 weeks of this plan, then I picked up the injury and couldn't run for 3 weeks. Started again last Thursday.

I'm not really built for running either - currently hovering around the 18 stone mark but determined to get it off and get fitter.

I'm also really enjoying the fact that I have actually been able to get out there and run, and enjoy it. I did miss it in the 3 weeks I couldn't do it, even though I'd only just started.

• i got food poisoning after my first week lol

i havent run since high skl either. love to walk but havent been losing weight - gaining for the past 2 years :(

im super proud of myself and i know its silly to others - but its such an acheivement just to do it and manage to keep doing it

its also nice having people going through it at the same time! i have too many friends who r fit and i just cant chat with them about it

have u signed up for any runs for after u graduate?

• Haven't signed up for any specific runs, but this morning I signed up on the parkrun website. I'm hoping to be able to take part in one of those between now and Christmas.

• i just done r1 of week 3! it was sore by the second 3min run as my shins were killing me! but i felt great running except from the pain - really need to work out how to combat the shins :/

• If you haven't already, get yourself to a running shop, take your current trainers with you and ask them to advise you about whether they are right for you.

I had really sore shins after W1R3 so went and got some new shoes from sweatshop (and had gait analysis). I did W2 in the new shoes and my shins were fine (and still are now that I'm back running).

Could also be worth slowing your pace a little to not put as much stress through your legs until they're more used to it.

• thanks i might try a different running shop as i did buy the trainers that were recomended but they are womens trainers and i have very flat feet (i sometimes run in my mens basketball trainers that r very old and falling apart and the pain isnt as bad)

• If you have very flat feet it might be that you need more support than just the shoe. Maybe an orthotic insole. If you can it might be worth visiting a podiatrist and seek their advice.

• well don on running with such little sleep! i read ur other post but it wouldnt let me comment :/

• Thanks. It was a struggle yesterday. Had a bit more sleep last night so not such a zombie today :)

It's strange that you couldn't comment on the other post. This isn't the best/most intuitive forum setup that I've seen.

How are the shins feeling?

You may also like...