Completed week 9

Finished my 3rd run of week 9 a few days ago. So I am now a graduate.

I was really pleased can't believe I went from struggling to run for a minute in week 1 to running for 30 minutes 9 weeks later.

For my next run I decided to keep on with Laura. I was going well, running on a forest trail, with 7minutes to go when a few people with dogs came along. I moved to the side to let them pass and tripped over a tree root. I cut my hand and knees and put a hole in my track suit trousers. I was sore and embarrassed. The people were very helpful and suggested I rest but I decided to run on. I ran during the walk time as I had stopped for about 3minutes due to the fall.

My family thought I was mad. Planning to have my next run tomorrow.

28 Replies

• Well done on graduating, it's a great feeling to have achieved such a great success. Hope your bruises and cuts heal up without any problems. Happy running.

• Thanks. I took and extra day off but am back running again. Avoiding tree roots

• Congratulations on graduation. Very well done. Hope those cuts and bruises get better soon.

• Healing up nicely my bruises are more brown now than black and blue

• oh poor you, but my the running bug has got you! those tree roots are tricky things - I run in woods too.

hope you mend soon - on the bright side you didn't twist your ankle and have to stop running

• Thanks. Still running just took an extra day off. Won't we showing my legs for a while as still very bruised but your right It could have been worse if I'd had to stop running

• Congratulations! You are, of course, now officially a graduate and officially a mad runner! Go get your nice shiny badge.

Hope you soon feel better. Enjoy your future running adventures.

• Thanks hoping to do a Park Run soon with my sister.

• Oh bless you! Hope you are ok! Congratulations on graduating! :-) happy and safe future running xx

• Thanks. I'm fine. I took a extra day off from running and am avoiding tree roots. Won't be wearing shorts for a while and am planning a to try a park run

• Yes do a parkrun! I've done 2 now! They give you something to focus your training on! Also because you are timed you can track how you are doing without it being competitive :-)

• Have to track how far I'm running in the 30 minutes to see what I have to aim for

• Well done on graduating, feels great, doesn't it? :)

Sorry about your fall, happy and safe running in the future :)

• Yes it does feel great can't believe I've come so far in such a short time

• Congratulations on your graduation :) A very big well done. Hopefully your fall won't hold you back.

• It hasn't so far. Just not going to wear shorts for a while

• congratulations from here too ! Its such a great acheivement !

• Thank you. Yes it does feel great. When I think back to week 1 I'm amazed at what I can do now

• Congratulations on your graduation. At least this run will be memorable for lots of reasons!

• Yes definitely remember to avoid tree roots

• Where's your badge?

Well done and many congratulations!!!!! You are a RUNNER! Yay!!!!

• Haven't got my badge yet not sure how to get it. I did post that I have completed run3 wk9. So hopefully I will get it soon.

• Yay! Now go get your badge :-).

Well done you :-)

• Got it

• You need to get your graduation badge to celebrate. See pinned post to the right. I hope you have recovered from your fall and aren't too sore - sounds horrible.

• Thanks I have got it now

• Well done! Congratulations :) hope you have recovered :)

• Yes thanks still a bit sore but keeping on running

You may also like...