Week 9 completed!!!

I completed week 9 yesterday. I still can't believe I did it! I'm a former smoker of 30+ years and I never thought this would be possible - but I did it! My first 5k is on Thanksgiving day and I'm going to start the Bridge to 10k program next. But most important, I feel great!!! Too all of those who may discouraged, don't give up! If I can do it, so can you!

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations what an amazing achievement, good luck for when you start towards 10k

• Congratulations on completing c25k AND stopping smoking ! Both amazing achievements and you should feel very proud of yourself Good luck in next stages of your running life

• ppppppppati!! Go YOU! Well done. And an ex smoker, which just goes to show it's never to late to get out there and do your body a favour. Good luck on your first 5K - let us know how you get on.

• CONGRATULATIONS ppati! Well done you! Go and get your lovely shiny badge and make sure you enjoy those great feelings for as long as you can!

• Two great achievements ppati ! Well done and so glad you are feeling great and already reaping the benefits.

• ppati - I also am an ex-smoker of 35ish years (8 months quit) and am on week 2 of this program. Can you believe it? A year ago I would have much rather sat and smoked than tried to run. Now I'm loving it! I'm so proud of you, and I think it's great you're going to move on to 10K. You are very impressive!

• I know what you mean. But this running thing makes me feel pretty darn good! Stay with the program - some days are easier than others. I had to repeat a couple of weeks, including week five - the first long run - but don't get discouraged - it will come! Let me know when your finished. You're doing great!

You may also like...