W2R1 completed!

Well that wasn't bad at all. Hadn't looked forward to it as I found W1R1 hard and wondered if this would be a shock to the system too. It was definitely a bit more of a stretch than W1, but my body felt ready for it and I wasn't gasping at the end of any run. There are only 6 runs rather than 8 which was somehow a psychological advantage for me too. Bring on run 2!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's great. It's such a wonderful feeling isn't it? I am now on week 7 and the programme really works so keep at it and enjoy!

• Thank you!

• That's great news! Well done! I am starting week 2 on sunday and hope it goes as well for me!

• Thanks Lippie - and good luck for Sunday. I'll be interested to hear how you find it.

• I'm going to start week 2 on Sunday too so its good to hear how things went for you Hennith. I hadn't appreciated that there were 6 runs instead of 8 so that makes me feel psychologically better already!

• Hope it goes well tomorrow - you can do it!

• Well done! :)

• Thank you!!

• well done you. Just completed that run this morning. I found it hard to start with (did start uphill which was a silly thing to do). But I settled into it. Yaaay! Did it!

• Well done to you too! Managed W2R2 today, and that went OK too, so I'm a happy bunny!

• just completed my first run of week 2. finding the 90 second run just enough of a push without being too exhausting - great to read everyone's experiences

You may also like...