W2 R1 - In so much pain!

Did week 2, run 1 today. By 90 seconds, my calves are absolutely killing me (insides and lower) and I'm having to hobble in the walks. I never used to get this when running on pavement but we have been running on 'cross country' terrain. They're still hurting now. I really really don't want to stop! I think I will change the ground I'm running on! X

5 Replies

• Are you warming up for five minutes? Are you doing warm down stretches? The ones on the NHS Choices site are an excellent starter kit and I am slowly adding others from elsewhere as I find out what my body needs. I had terrible thigh aches after my first non warm down run. I run cross country and I think it does make your legs work harder than the road but is so much better from the impact perspective. Maybe mix your surfaces. Good luck.

• That sounds really painful.

Have you had your gait analysed and been fitted for decent running shoes (I don't mean expensive, I mean one's that suit your running style and foot).

Terrain will definitely affect your experience, but shoes will have an even bigger effect.

• Wow!

I've been to the Doctor for a health check,

I've been to Sweatshop for a gait analysis,

I've consulted forums far and wide for hints and tips,

I've bought a Garmin and analysed heart rate zones, but......

I haven't been to the barber to get my haircut checked.

This running sure is complicated :)

• Gah! Stoopid autocorrect!

Gait, not hair...although maybe there's something in having your hair analysed for faster running...;-)

• So it is my hair that is slowing me down. Where are the scissors..............

You may also like...