Rubbish Run

This morning I got up at 6am. Tired. Wasn't in the mood for a run but half the battle is getting out of the front door and just bloody doing it!

I set off and decided to not run 5K - just a 3K because mentally that's all I could manage. Had to stop once due to my legs saying "need to stop please!". I obliged with a 30sec walk before setting off again. Less than three minutes laters legs packed up completely. I could not muster the energy to carry on, so walked a kilometre home.

That said I DID do 3.2K so at least it was something.

Very despondent though....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I'm not sure there is such a thing as a rubbish run DZ, unless of course you injure yourself.

A short run and a long walk beats a long couch.

• Ah but think of 3.2K a few months ago? Would you have been able to run that far? You sound a bit like me on the B210K program. I only do 7k. Only? That is brilliant for someone who a year ago couldn't even run for a minute without turning 50 shades of puce!

• It's more than I'm doing at the moment. :) Don't knock it - any running is good. :)

You may also like...