Have I graduated?

I sort of gave up after week 7 when I completed a 5k run as part of a triathlon, albeit a mixture of running and walking. I started to get bored with the podcast and felt better running without headphones. However I could not motivate myself to get past 20 minutes of running but completed 5k 3 times a week which was taking 40+ minutes again with lots of walking.

Today I went to my first park run in Maidstone. Now I was right at the back for most of the run but i ran, no stopping or walking for the full 5k and completed it in 33 minutes. It hurt but also felt so good. Everyone was really encouraging and I would reccomend this to keep up your motivation.

I intend to complete a couple of runs on my own in addition to a park run each week to help in my training for the Kingston 8 mile run in October. Who would of thought I could even contemplate this back in February when I was smoking 20 cigarettes a day and could not even run for 1 minute without being out of breath.

Thaks to C25K, Laura and everyone on here for the support. I may have ditched Laura at the end of week 7 but would not have done it without her.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Not sure about this but as I see it, if you do 30mins run non-stop three times, which is what you do in week nine, then you have done what is needed to geaduate.

You may also like...