Week 4 Run 1 - Running more than Walking

What a step up Week 4 is !!!!

Learning that the key to this week is slow steady jogging, Completed all the runs but found that last 5 minutes to be punishing but soooooooo rewarding. Completed 2 whole laps of the local lake just as the 5 min cool down finsihed (in week 2 I was about 1/2 the way round on the 2nd lap). My MapMyWalk app tells me it's a total distance of 4.9k - so equally pleased.

Haven't got away scott free - pain developing in right hip, hope it's nothing.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done-I know where you run as I used to live in redditch. I have run around that lake too -lovely and flat.

Each week builds up and even with lots of niggly joint problems found I could complete-I had faith in the programme and even when I doubted I could finish or keep going I generally managed to.

Happy running.

• Well done RedditchMark, I'm with you all the way. My daughter and I completed the first of our week 4 runs this morning and we made it too (though the last 1 minute seemed to last about half an hour!). Was desparate to hear Laura's lovely voice at the end :) Mind you the music for week 4 is so rubbish I can't wait to get on to week 5 !

• That is a great distance, so well done. Hope the hip pain does not develop into anything serious.

Good luck with the rest of week 4 :-)

You may also like...