Sorry to post so much but I've got such a long wait until I can get medical attention and I'm only getting worse. I'm on lansoprazole, gaviscon advance and sertraline at the moment. I've strictly controlled my diet; no caffeine and spices, virtually no sugar and processed foods, less dairy. I'm trying to be active and keep myself busy or drink more water AND I've got a wedge pillow to raise the bed head at night. Yet despite all these precautions my reflux-like problems continue. I'm really at a loss and worried I may be one of those "severe" cases but that I won't get surgery for it if I am. Every day without fail I get:
- Wet belches; they don't burn but they still cause other symptoms.
- Loads of post nasal drip and a lump throat feeling.
- Sore, dry throat which lozenges hardly affect.
- Feeling of liquid "pooling" in my throat while eating. This does burn!
- Hot burning feeling across my body but mostly on my tongue, forehead, face (!) and back of neck.
- "Hungry" feeling/gurgling
- Trouble swallowing when throat is really tight. Even water gets stuck.
Anxiety? Even with the setraline? That possibilty is the only thing that keeps me sane. I don't want anything for the rest of my life, I'm only 21!