Like many people with health anxiety, I tend to fret about every symptom I get when it comes to my overall health. Right now I'm worried about the following things:
- Tight throat and breathlessness/dizziness after speaking for a while
- Nausea and belching or trouble belching. A feeling from the centre of my chest when belching or swallowing water/food.
- General loss of appetite
- A tight chest. No pain, just tight, like it's being sucked in. And this happens ALL DAY.
- Occasional chest and back pain, that can last between 10 and 120 seconds.
- Heart rate that switches between pounding and weak
- Occasional heavy left arm
- Uncontrollable shivering
The worst of it is, a lot of this occurs when I'm at rest and not even 2.5mg of Diazapem is helping right now. I did the absolute worst possible thing and googled some symptoms. That long-term pain and tight chest sound more like heart symptoms, and I heard people who can't belch with symptoms like mine are suffering blockages.
Furthermore I have had 3 ECGs and blood tests recently, all of which came back clear except for occasional Ectopic beats (every 20 seconds). I have low blood pressure, even when I get riled up and the GP says my heart rate appears normal. I just can't believe them though when I can't get referred to a cardiologist. I even read that 25% of ECGs are wrong, and that was the final blow - I broke into tears and kept telling myself "I'm going to die of a heart condition nobody could find."
Am I truly ok? I'd just like to know if anyone else has these things and how I can be certain I'm not going to drop dead at work or anywhere else. It's so hard to accept it as "all in my head" when this has all been happening for a month.