Hello i am 16 finding ways to overcome my anxiety very empathetic kind and caring 😊
Hello. I am new here : Hello i am 16 finding... - Anxiety Support
Good morning Hb2003, it's great that you realise there are ways to overcome anxiety, when I was 16 I was completely clueless. Over of my many years of battling anxiety I took notes and self taught myself certain lessons that helped me eventually learn how to live alongside anxiety, here is a list of things/activities that help me cope with everyday life;
1. Listening to my favourite music
2. Accepting yourself for who you really are.
3. Having a dream/direction where you want to be in a few years and work towards it.
4. Realise that you don't have control over situations, life is unpredictable, try and accept small or large changes that can and will happen.
6. Don't fight Anxious feelings, you cannot beat it, you have to learn to live alongside it, when you accept it is part of your life then it helps to deal with it.
7. Have a hobby to keep your mind occupied.
9. Don't drink alcohol.
10. Spend more time with people who do not make you feel anxious
11. Eat healthy
14. Get plenty of rest
15. Do not dwell on the past, what's done is done, worrying does not solve anything, it only makes you feel powerless and horrible.
16. Don't be afraid to try and do new things out of your comfort zone, you will feel good once you've done it.
17. Go for a walk.
18. Treat yourself to something new that you like the idea of.
19. More people than you think also suffer with anxiety, you are not alone.
20. Be nice to people and they will be nice to you.
21. Take vitamin D and Omega 3.
22. The bad times will pass, nothing lasts forever.
23. Avoid caffeine
24. You are equal to any other living human, no one is superior to you.
25. Be open with those close to you about your mental health, don't be afraid to talk about it.
26. Ditch toxic/negative people who bring your mood down.
27. Do something random, go somewhere spontaneous
28. It's OK to be different, no one is perfect.
29. Try and be yourself.
30. Write down your anxious thoughts on paper, then read it back a few weeks later.
31. You are mentally stronger than you think.
32. Do not seek the approval of others, this is extremely exhausting and only makes anxiety worse.
33. Things get better with age.
34. Realise you will not be around forever, try and make the best of it.
35. Do not let yourself get too hungry, low blood sugar is a disaster.
36. Do not spend to much time alone. Your mind can sometimes be your own worse enemy.
37. Realise that everyone are too wrapped up with their own thoughts and lives to notice what you believe to be bad about yourself. No one is watching your every move.
38. If someone is horrible to you it's because they are dealing with their own issues, sometimes it's easier for them to take their problems out on you.
39. Dont compare your life to others. There are people out there who would love to live your life.
40. Distract your busy mind, play a game.. any game that interests you.
42. Treat life like a marathon not a sprint.
43. Everything that you want to achieve will come with time as long as you get the first step on the ladder, pace yourself, don't look for instant gratification. Stay on the ladder even if it's slow, time will fly and you will get there, try and enjoy the journey
Hi my name is Karizma, I am 19 years old attending college and I am also trying to overcome anxiety.
Hello karizma nice to meet you 😊
Nice to meet you too. I am also new here
My professor actually suggested that I should use this website for self care. Thats how I found out about this.
That’s nice a lot of people are nice here 😊
Yes they are
How are you doing today ?
I'm okay so far just tired hbu ?
I am doing great 😊
Welcome. This is a good place to come. Lot's of others also struggling, finding their way through this thing called life. I used deep breathing, calming music, meditation, using lists to stay organized, etc. Prayers for peace and strength.
Welcome. Being empathetic is very hard in these days but it is so important to be light in this darkness. But be sure as you" empty your basket of light" to others. Please refill yourself. Stay encouraged,, rested and peace filled. If you ever need a refill, just reach out
i love this place 😊
Not what you're looking for?
You may also like...
affect me when I'm not having an anxiety attack. I had a very bad anxiety attack today. Heart...
felt abit tired but what can I expect lol and half way through my food I started feeling really hot...
pints of lager. Great chill out get rid of the anxiety and depression. (not). I am not coping at...
and she checked me and all she said I have an anxiety. Blood test,ECG,normal blood...