Anxiety Support
40,301 members42,424 posts

Can acid reflux/gerd give you heart paps?

Hey guys I don’t know if anyone experience this but sometimes I get these and I don’t know if it’s related to acid that my heart skips or flutters? Does this sound weird? Or sometimes when I’m sitting it happens? I got checked for heart everything is good. But am I having these symptoms. Thank you guys!!! 😉

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I was thinking the same thing I don’t get acid reflux coming up my throat but I feel these skipped beats and I’ve also had heart checked and they couldn’t find anything! But when I do feel my pulse I do feel it skip so it could be ectopic beats x

1 like

Yea it’s weird who knows, also do you get them when you do something active? Or bending down

1 like

Yes! On change of position I do x

2 likes

Yea or when I workout I get it also. But I guess there not that dangerous. Who knows. Thanks Lauren if you don’t mind me asking what also do you suffer from?

Anxiety depression PTSD

1 like

Skipped heart beats or flutters in my chest have been a major symptom for me. It's the symptom that has scared me the most. I feel like I get more than everybody else, and I get them even when I don't feel anxious. I get more during and after meals, after I eat chocolate, when I lie on my left side, when I first lie down, when I change positions, when I first sit down after rushing around, and when I work out, which is why I stopped going to the gym and riding my bike. It helps to hear that you and others have this too, because I have a hard time believing it's anxiety and not something wrong with my heart.

3 likes

I had the same thing 4 years ago which I didn’t know what it was then I went to the hospital to find out I had afib due to stress and anxiety. I’m not saying that’s what you have. But I did and I had ablation done which I’m thinking these symptoms are coming from the acid reflux / Gerd. Plus I have a lop recorder planted in me to see anything wrong with my heart and it’s been fine so far. But don’t think ahead take it easy and fine a doctor someone that understands your symptoms you’re not alone we’re all have the same thing. If you need someone to talk to I’m here :)

1 like

Wow me too!

trying to find out what is causing it, I have a stomach hernia which produces a lot of acid especially when stressed or wound up but I also have hypertension, so just trying to nail it down at the moment. Believe it to be stress related??

The story continues..🤒

2 likes

Hey mantauk,

Join the club I have hypertension also. I’m guessing it’s all from stress. I’m still trying to figure it out, but all we can do is take it one day at a time.

1 like

Yes it can, found this video interesting, his videos I find super helpful

4 likes

Thanks I will definitely check this out 🤗

could it also cause fatigue ?

Omg this has helped me. I'm suffering from acid reflux. And anxiety. But today I have had a good day. Just sat down after tea and all of a sudden thudding heartbeats. Had ecg last week and all good

1 like

Maybe gross but I always notice them when I'm burpy and it sometimes feels like a good burp will help. Sometimes even does. They always seem more noticeable after eating. I probably get about 2 a minute that I notice when I'm lying down..not sure how many you all get? Seeing doc Tuesday because they've become more and more frequent especially since becoming pregnant

1 like

jessicao, I've wondered how or why, but when I was pregnant, I had no anxiety or anxiety symptoms at all. It's really strange because I've always been an anxious person, and had had anxiety and panic attacks, so I was worried about being pregnant, but amazingly, a sense of calm came over me & I was totally fine, all 3 pregnancies! Hopefully, you will have the same experience.

1 like

Hi,

Acid reflux runs in my family and I suffer from it occasionally. My sister and Dad and niece are all on tablets for it.

I found that with the changes I have made to my diet and also my relaxation exercises that I do everyday that I don't suffer anymore.

I take a tbsp of organic apple cider most mornings in a glass of water and I have cut out most processed foods and refined sugar from my diet. I also drink plenty of water during the day and I do relaxation exercises every day.

Take care.

1 like

Not to be gross but my thumps are always a pre warning of gas. A burp or a good passing of wind makes it stop. I also take a heart burn with gas chewable and that helps quite a bit. My anxiety is completly driven by my gut. Took me two years to sort it out. Hope this helps

1 like

You may also like...