Anxiety Support
33,961 members38,116 posts

Anxiety making me feel ill

I'm a single mom to a special needs child and I'm constantly under stress and sufffer from anxiety. I'm freaked out because I keep getting weird head sensations especially at night which causes me to panic. I just feel weird in general. Shakey, headaches , weak legs, the muscles in my head, face and neck keep feeling tight, nauseous....could this all be due to stress and anxiety?? I started Paxil three weeks ago and I swear it's making my anxiety worse 😭

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Certainly it could all be explained by anxiety - such a lot a different symptoms. Are you able to get any help from a friend or relative for a while?

No, I have no help. The only break I get is when he's in school, but it's summer break right now. So I won't get any relief till September 5th

So maybe that's why you're more unwell.

What about your mother or friends or holiday clubs? Is there some way of getting a break?

I only have my mom but she works daily full time. I don't have friends anymore. He was in summer school but that ended at the end of July, so I'm kinda stuck for the month of August

Speak to your doctor about the paxil. Would any organisation give you verbal or physical support eg a rest from your child so you could reccoperate?

Emotional support may be a better wording.

I know there's something called respite care that will watch a special needs child and give the parents some relief for a few hours. I've never looked into it but I'm going to now

1 like

Please do. There is also a phone line Carers Support I believe and maybe a website or look up the specific need eg autism look up the autistic society on the web, call them, get support. Love to know how you get on.

1 like

I will, I can't keep living this way and feeling ill everyday

1 like

So how about working on relaxation techniques ; mindfulness meditation

bing.com/videos/search?q=mi...

Try it before going to sleep tonight

1 like

I'll definitely try that, thank you!

1 like

good. And then start writing down 3 positives each day. You're going to become an expert at managing this

2 likes

You may also like...