Happy Saturday😊

A happy Saturday everyone! 😊 Due to health problems, financial and romantic relationships frustrated I developed anxiety and depression. Recently I have suffered with migraine attacks and nausea. I went to the doctor and he prescribed the medicine amitriptyline. I did not start treatment for fear of side effects, especially I'm afraid of being drug dependent. I wonder, who is taking amitriptyline, what is the experience with the use of this medicine? I appreciate the answer.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

HealthUnlocked Health Blogger Awards

Which blogger helps you manage your condition?

Vote now

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Hun I've been on amitrryptiline before after shingles and before I had anxiety I'll be honest at first I didn't take it because it said antidepressant on the leaflet but then the pain got worse so I took it and it helped. I didn't become addicted to it at all and I didn't get any side effects either. Also the pain dosage is a lot lot lower than the antidepressant dosage hope that eases your mind a little xx

• Thanks for the reply Emest86!😊 I'm glad for you the treatment was effective.

I'm going back to the doctor and ask him again the recipe, because I lost the previous one and start the treatment. I think the headache and nausea are directly associated with anxiety. May be I will get well and don't feel any side effects. Is it bad to live with these problems: gora myself am with migraine and nausea. ...

Wish you a great weekend for you.🙋

• The symptoms that anxiety creates are vast and sometimes all consuming:( but honestly your dr wouldn't give you something that he/she didn't believe would help. They have to weigh out the pros and cons before prescribing:) big hugs x

• Look up Www.clinical-depression.co.uk for some further insight for help with these conditions x

• Thanks!

You may also like...