Panic

I have just wock up like I cart get a breathe and in panic mowed so this means its going to be a bad day for me today 3hears sleep not good anxiety has taken over my life and I really can not cope living this way day in and day out don't no how long I can fight this for its like iam fighting a losing Battle the more I fight the anxiety t just comes harder the next time and the next they is on let up with it

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Mike1978, hang in there. I know it seems overwhelming right now but it will eventually disappear as you learn different methods of handling these episodes. I use to get the same thing and it is very frightening. When I started to understand what causes it and that it was not harmful, everything settled down. Fighting what you are feeling is a lost cause. It's a normal reaction but it just tends to build up the adrenaline. Until you develop fear of fear situation. Sometimes medication is needed for a short time along with therapy to get you past these scary symptoms. Once you replace fighting the panic with accepting it as not dangerous, things will get better.

I would assume you are standing up now, is the feeling any better. Mike, it's a matter of the chest muscles being so tense from being anxious that when you finally fall asleep, your body doesn't know how to react to the muscles starting to relax.....and BAM you awaken. When this happens, try putting your arms above you head in order to open up the chest wall. Don't force the breath, try breathing slowly in and out, you will almost feel the muscles open and air will flow freely.

Are you okay yet??

• Thanks I am OK still a bit panicky but I don't feel to bad it will be latter as the day gos on and I get tried

• Buy some magnesium !

You may also like...