Anxiety taking over

Hi all, my anxiety is out of control, im having panic attacks on a regular basis lately, I hd to leave a friends house on friday after just 30mins, feeling immense fear, cold sweats and vomiting, trying to take back some control I started a 6wk class in my local area teaching you about anxiety, why it happens, how to help ourselves etc and after a while I had to leave there also cause I took a panic attack, its taking over my life, im on sertraline 50mg but its not helping.....i feel powerless in my battles with this illness 😞

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You're not alone! I'm so sorry you are suffering from this horrible illness, I wish you the best!

The best thing I can tell you is what somebody else told me... Do what you love! Keep yourself busy. Fall in love with something, or somebody. Pick up a new hobby. Read a book. Hit the gym. Just keep yourself busy! You can get through this!

• How long have you been on 50mg? According to my pdoc 150mg to 200mg is recommended dose to treat GAD. I have just weaned off lexapro while starting Zoloft and am at 125mg for the last 4 days. Maybe you need to up your medication for awhile?

• I'm only recently on sertraline because iv been on duloxetine, citalopram and vensir but non of them have helped, it just seems to be getting worse 😞

• Well try and give it 4-6 weeks and then see what happens. I am just starting to feel the effects and it is week 4 for me.hang in there!

You may also like...