Fear of norovirus coming back??

10 days ago I came down with an awful stomach bug, vomiting and diarrhea for a few hours. The next few days I was tired and achy. I went to the doctor and had normal blood work. But I have not regained my appetite and I'm terrified of it coming back :( I'm 29 years old and caught it 12 hours after my son had it. I haven't really been hungry since and just want to feel normal again. Any advice is appreciated.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

Same here, last Monday, had lunch etc we were on our way for a night out with no child when all of a sudden I needed to go to the toilet within 15 minutes of having lunch!! I was so bad I had severe dehyrdration which nearly ended up in hospital. It took me 4-5 days to feel like eating again and then I have only had lunch since then. I do suffer from a form of colitis which unfortunatley gave me a flare up. All my bloods and blood pressure were normal. I have had norovirus many years ago and it's not nice, but this time I had a reaction from food which was 5 times worse than the virus. I can understand your 'fear' of eating again, I have to be really careful of what to eat and not to eat, hence I don't eat much at all, fearful of having severe diarrhoea and vomiting....

• Thanks for the reply. It is nice to know someone can relate and hopefully we can enjoy our food again and stay healthy.

You may also like...