Intrusive thoughts? **possible trigger warning**

So, two of my good friends got in a car accident last night.. They are both okayish. One had to have surgery. It was pretty terrible.. I was thinking about all of it in the shower and I kept thinking how I wish it was me in the accident. Not in a "it shouldn't have been them, I wish they didn't have to go through it" kinda way though. Does that make me suicidal? Or do I just want the attention? I guess I think about stuff like that a lot. Like I sometimes wish I'd get cancer or something. I never say it out loud though and I try to replace those thoughts with better things. I don't want to die, I don't really care about living, but I don't WANT to die. Am I a horrible person because I wish to be in those situations or is there an underlying problem? Are they just intrusive thoughts or am I just attention seeking? I feel like I've been in a better place lately in regards to depression though. The thing is, I don't really love attention. I recently had ankle surgery and it's so annoying how everyone is always asking if I'm okay and stuff. I know they care but I don't want to feel broken, you know? That's why this all confuses me. I don't know why I think those things. Any advice? Or at least does anyone understand?

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hi, from what your saying you really need to go talk to someone!! Your doctor would be a good start!! Tell them how you feel!! Perhaps they could arrange for you to see a councilor so you can talk through your thoughts and feelings. I hope you can do this.you don't want to keep thinking that way if you can get some help with it 🙏🏻

You may also like...