Head pressure only on right side

So ive been having this weird feeling only on the right side of my head.it feels like theres pressure or something stuck in there.and also my right eye feels pressure behind and around it and ive noticed its been more blurry than usual.which that eye has always been more blurry than the other but not as bad as it has been here lately.I keep thinking I have a brain tumor or something else is seriously wrong inside there.ive had 2 cat scans done within 5 months and both came back normal even said my sinuses were fine.does anybody think that if it was a tumor it would show on a cat scan?it feels like I can't think on the right side of my head (I know that sounds weird but its the only way I know how to describe it)it really scares me,I have 2 kids ones 3 and the other is 5 months.I want to be able to watch them grow up and be here for them.it terrifies me.ive been to the doctor so many times these past couple of months ive had my doctor to reffer me to so many places like an allergist,a neurologist,and thinking about calling and having him to send me to an ent doctor,I have to be at the neurologist in a couple of days,I'm so scared there gonna tell me something bad.ive had anxiety all of my life but never this bad and it all starts as soon as I wake up.please does anyone know if this could just be anxiety or does anybody else have these symptoms? I really need someone to talk to.

8 Replies

• 2 cat scans I am certain you are fine! You most likely hold tension on your right side also you most likely are very focused on it there for making it worse. I also was worried about a pain in my chest for months on end I was so focused on that area. Finally I got it checked out and it's fine do you believe I have barely felt any pain since then. I suggest you get a neck and shoulder relaxation massage possibly visit an osteopath or physio coukd be related to issues with the neck.

You need to try your best to stop focusing and worrying about it and it will go away. I wish you well

• Thanks so much for the reply.it really does help to have someone to talk to.I just really hope its not a tumour.I have to be at the neurologist thursday and I'm gonna see if they will do an mri,and if that comes back normal I think I would feel a lot better, but I really have a bad feeling about it and it terrifies me,I can't drive or anything anymore bc of my anxiety and use to id always be on the road.but now I can't doananything but go to the doctors or sit in the house.and worry all the time.Im I'm counseling but only once a month which doesnt really help any,and I also take klonopin just take a little piece when I need it,ive been on it for about 4 months now and the whole head pressure didnt start untill after a while of me taking them.you think that could be the problem?but it just doesnt make sense bc its just on one side?I was looking threw the posts on here a min ago and I seen one called cat scans,so of course I clicked on it and this guy was talking about how he had a couple cat scans done to his head and they showed nothing but then he had a mri done and he had a tumour the size of a golf ball!!I went to his profile hes from the united kingdom. Wonder if they have different kinds of cat scan machines?shew I hope so I was kinda calm untill I read that.sorry for talking your head off but I'm just so scared. I'm really scared what there gonna say Thursday. Hopefully everything's okay

• that is scary and of course you just had to come across that story! Lol try not to look around at those kind of posts until you get your scan done. Majority of anxiety sufferers believe they have brain tumors, ms and all those types of illnesses and almost always they dont. You will be fine get the Mri for your own sanity and nothing else then hopefully you can move one. You will be ok xxx

• Yea hopefully the cat scan I had done was right,I hope they just use different kinds ofmmachine's in the united kingdom. I just gotta make myself believe that to feel better. I know my grandpa had cancer in his neck and his medical card wouldnt cover a petscan so he had to get cat scans and they worked for him,I didnt know that untill just now,so that kind of eases my mind a little bit.

• It could be stress ... try massage and exercise, it help you relieve stress and stay fit.

• Same here......and I know exactly why too......I grind and clench my teeth on one side all night long.....just didn't realise until a few years ago when I woke up with excruciating tooth pain....went to the emergency dentist and apparently I had fractured a tooth from grinding and clenching......was given a split to wear at night and it helped a lot.......if you think about it this way......clench your fist as tight as you can......then keep clenching till it aches......then imagine doing that for 8 hours a night and pretty soon you'd not be able to use your hand because of the pain and stiffness.... !!!!!! Same with the muscles in and around your head and neck...

• Thanks everybody for the reply,but I dont think I clench my teeth while I'm asleep.and I think stress may be the cause of it (hopefully) I stay stressed all the time and plus I think I have postpartum depression/anxiety.I was fine untill about a month after I had my baby,but now I feel like I'm loosing my mind.like now I justwoke up having another panic attack,i have them every morning bc as soon as I wake up the thought is there. I try to not think about it but its almost impossible. I just wish I could go back to normal.I feel so hopeless.

• After I had my second. baby I went thru post natal depression but I did not realise it at the time was always at the doctors and felt their was something wrong luckily he gave me Valium which was the med at the time and I began to relax a bit try not to stress I know that is easier said than done

You may also like...