I'm new here and I need help

Hello. I have a problem.with anxiety and the actual attacks seem to only happen when I am driving a car. It started over 20 years ago when I was on my way home from work and I had my 1st full blown attack. I went to.counseling and it was actually easier to.just quit driving. I started driving again but I am terrified and will not drive on the highway at all. I will leave home 2 hours early for an appointment and stay late for.hours just to avoid traffic. Outside of driving, I just feel unfocused all the time. I have had every medical test possible and I am healthy. I recently said I was going to take control and stop depending on everyone else to take me.where I have to go. I have had trouble holding a job because of this problem and I am determined to find a good paying job and hold it like.a normal.person, but at this point I am working a minimal paying job with no benefits because it is 7 minutes.from my house and I still have issues going. I talk to myself and I have even gone as far as singing jingle bells out loud in the middle of the summer while driving to avoid thinking about it..didnt.work.HELP!! My life is.so.limited. I am 55 years old and I'm so afraid I will die like this.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...