Hey im new here and need help please

I suffered from depression on high school and messed up my gcse's then tried college but my grandad died and I got depression again..

Im now free of depression but have serve anxiety its extremely hard to leave the house due to this

I have lost all my friends but one .. I feel alone a lot of the time. Has aanyone got any tips for calming down when anxiety strikes ?

(Thank you in advance)

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello nataliesara & Welcome

You have been through alot & you have managed to get through depression & you will slowly be able to do the same with anxiety

Have you been to see your GP ?

After everything you have been through , maybe some counselling would really help

Its not easy but try not to fear the anxiety , the more we fear how we feel , it allows it to have more power over us , , but when it starts say I no what you are & tell it to go away , sounds silly maybe, but with practice it really does help

The more you can talk & we get to no you , I am sure you will get lots of support & different suggestions from others

As for friends , I my self would rather have one loyal , trustworthy friend , that really cares than a whole bunch of them that maybe dont & to find that one friend that does I think makes us very lucky

Keep talking

Love

whywhy

xxx

• Aww thank you .. yes I have been to see my gp he put me on two medicines and I am currently going to therapy

I will try what you do and see if it works for me.

Yeah I feel very lucky to have my friend she's amazing.

Thank you again xxx

• Keep coming on & talking , it will help & you will get there , we all will

:)

xxx

• Thank you hope you get better soon xxx

• Hi I can't add anything to what whywhy said. I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the site.

Bev x

• Thank you x

• Hello nataliesara

Oh you poor thing, such a lot to deal with. You have beaten the depression, well done you! Now you have the anxiety to face. It's difficult to give general advice though whywhy has done a damned good job. Some find focussing on slowing their breathing helps, for others distraction works better but I am no expert.

My daughter is in a similar position to you, though a few years younger. She only has one or two close friends now but they are worth their weight in gold.

Try to remember that things will get better.

May I ask what help you are getting?

Do keep talking, lots of support here

x

• Aww thank you . Im sorry about your daughter being in a similar situation its rubbish..I have been having therapy (cbt) and I am on two types of medicine x

• Thank you.

I'm glad to see you're getting help & support. My daughter has her 1st proper cbt session on Friday, that's if I can get her there, she's scared.

Take care

• Tell her its nothing to worry about the first step is always the hardest but as you go more you tend to build a connection with them ... if she ever needs someone to talk to about it just private message me on here I would be happy to help in any way x

• I will tell her.

And how kind of you to offer your support, much appreciated

x

• Hello,

you have done so well to fight the depression that is the hardest part! I have also suffered from both and also due to my granddad passing away. I have written a blog about my journey.... and some people find it helpful....

missmarieanxietynomore.tumb...

if you read from the bottom of the blog up. it explains what I did and what helped. I have only just started counselling as you will see in the blog, everything else I did off my own back. So there may be things you can try too xx

• I hope you feel better soon its rubbish to loose someone close .. Thank you I will read your blog xx

You may also like...