petrified

I had protected sex (condom) on the 10/11/14 for the first time and then on the 11/11/14, it didn't last long and he didn't stay hard but it was sex. I had my normal period 29/11/14 to the 04/12/14, pretty normal for me and no difference in colour/amount. 3 pregnancy tests revealed negative also however I think I suffer from health anxiety. I pretty much didn't have a thought about pregnancy until I phoned the doctor about a sore neck and she asked about being sexually active and I started looking up symtoms. I suddenly started getting a bloated tummy (not fully sticking out but it feels different), I get a tight/tense abs on the upper part of my abs under my chest along with heart burn(I get that now and then), I also felt my face feeling flushed which comes back when I think about pregnancy. These symtoms gets worse when I think about it which is all the time. my central and somehow keep tensing and when I realise I relax them (I read abojt 4 hours worth of pregnancy forums ect)! really scared and feel physically sick thinking about it, please be honest on what yous think, is this Anxiety?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think you are dealing with anxiety here! The logical part of your brain will see that you've taken 3 tests etc and that everything is fine. Where as the anxious part of your brain is overthinking and making you more and more scared! The best thing I find when it comes to googling and looking on forums is just try and ban yourself! Find something else to do for an hour if you can. Take a relaxing bath or do some exercise! Googling is the worse thing I ever did and I had countless panic attacks from it. It's definitely one of the worse things you can do and you'll get nowhere by doing it :) you'll just get yourself worked up!

• I think you are dealing with anxiety here! The logical part of your brain will see that you've taken 3 tests etc and that everything is fine. Where as the anxious part of your brain is overthinking and making you more and more scared! The best thing I find when it comes to googling and looking on forums is just try and ban yourself! Find something else to do for an hour if you can. Take a relaxing bath or do some exercise! Googling is the worse thing I ever did and I had countless panic attacks from it. It's definitely one of the worse things you can do and you'll get nowhere by doing it :) you'll just get yourself worked up!

• but then I see things like negative tests can be wrong and sometimes you just know your pregnant then that makes me think I am! can my physical symtoms be anxiety related? flushes, abdominal Tensing and bloating?

• If we're more anxious about certain things our minds tend to focus on every little thing we notice eg mine was dizziness and things with my head, every little niggle was a brain tumour! I honestly would worry and if you are then talk to your gp

• I am on Wednesday but it's so far away. if you look at my other posts before all the symtoms i had thinking I had ms and diabetes all went away through time and reassurance from my own mind and I'm guessing these sytoms are appearing from me expecting them? the more I think about the symtoms they come

You may also like...