I haven't posted in a few days...something rotten happened on Tuesday, but I won't go into it, because after crying a lot, picking myself up, and realising I'm the better person out of myself and the person who made me feel that way, I'm ready to move on and let it go. No point dwelling on negativity I wish I could always pick myself up this quickly after bad news...but maybe my ability to do so this time is a good omen for the future!
I finished my exams the other day. I feel like they went well and I did my best, so hopefully my results will reflect that. Last night my coursemates decided to have one last night out before we start our clinical placements on Monday. I'm not a huge fan of clubbing...I prefer going to the pub/bar with my friends where you can actually hear each other speak and you don't get completely smashed. But I thought I'd go along as I wanted to socialise with my coursemates. It was nice to spend time with them, but sure enough I have woken up feeling bad today. Not hungover...just low. Obviously everyone's mood plummets after drinking to excess, as alcohol is, obviously, a depressant. But I just can't handle the mood! Almost puts me off drinking!
Does anyone else feel so incredibly after low after drinking to excess that it has put them off drinking/almost has?
I can't wait for the day when my peers start to see that there's more to life than drunken socialising! I love going out for meals, to the cinema...but at uni, only the rare person is willing to spend their money on that lol.
ANYWAY, I've done what I always do and ranted for longer than I planned too! My main point is that the day after nights out is when I need to make a conscientious effort to be positive! So here is a list of things that are making me happy today
1. The Voice is on tonight! I love Saturday night TV.
2. I start my placement on Monday and I am working in a mental health inpatient unit. Really excited as it's the area I want to work in as mental health is an area I am passionate about.
3. I bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in ages yesterday. Going to text him later because it really is silly that we went so long without meeting up!
4. Going to watch 8 Out Of 10 Cats for the rest of the morning to make me laugh!
5. Need to catch up on last night's Big Brother. I know it's terrible but reality TV really chills me out!
What's everyone else doing today that's making them happy?
Love, darkparadise xx