Im new and need advice

Can anxiety cause to forget how to speak? Not sure but ive been having anxiety for 4 months now and i have no idea why. It all started when i would talk to my friends and i would blab out a word incorrectly. I dont know how or why but its like i cant speak anymore, just randomly happend. I really need some advice, its killing my social life.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Baily97. The same thing is happening to me right now. It's to the point that I get nervous and forget my thoughts in mid sentence and I'll say the stupidest things. It's so embarrassing. I'm a VERY social person, but I'm getting to the point now where I don't want to talk in fear of saying something that makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Yes it happened to me and the more I thought of it the more it would happened. I would also forget things.. but it has calm down the more you give it attention the more it will happened hope this helps

• Hi Baily. I know how your feeling. I just can't find the right words even when I want to say something. My mind would just go blank mid thought so I can't finish what I was saying. It's so frustrating. And it sounds very choppy; there's no fluidity.

• Thank you so much guys, i honestly thought i was losing it or something. I feel so relieved hearing that im not the only one with this problem. 😢

• Absolutely. I feel cognitively slow at times. It's to my understanding it's the anxious mind, over worked, over stressed.

• Hi, I would definitely have your thyroid examined and tsh levels checked. I had this problem and a problem with finding words when speaking at the time I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. After much of my own research on this subject, I learned that's it is widely accepted that this can be a symptom of thyroid problems. Wishing you the best.

• Yes i also do have low thyroid 🙁 have you gotten better from it?

• Yes, although it does happen sporadically still.

You may also like...