Pets

Hello there.

I suffer from agrophobia which obviously means I dont go out much.

However I do sometimes manage to get out into the garden.

We have a lovely large garden where my brother keeps his buggery jars.He breeds them which is his hobby and keeps them in a lovely apiary which he made himself.We also have a tortisoise called John but we dont see much of him.

My favourite pet is my NUTTERS a lovely female ginger cat. I called her Nutter when she was a kitten because she was as nutty as a fruitcake and because my brother and me both love Ginger Nut biscuits.

She dont go out much now because she is fourteen and getting on a bit but she is my constant companion.

Do other readers find that their animals are a comfort to them?

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • ...'buggery jars' killing myself with laughter over that one! Cheered me up for the day.

I have a dog who keeps me very amused and busy a lot of the day.

• Sometimes a touch of humour or (a slip of the typing finger) helps!

Yes I love dogs too but sadly could not take one for a walk

• Excuse me please but how can you keep "buggery jars" in an apiary?

Surely one should keep bees in there?

• i have 3 dogs they are mixture of comfort and stress unfortunately. two of them hate other dogs so i have to walk them when its fairly quiet outisde as they go nuts,its so embarrassing and causes my anxiety to go sky high. the 2 little ones also try and attack my older dog whenever she comes into the lounge. im at a loss as to what to do. but i do love them dearly,they mae us laugh and they ar very loving so its not all bad,i just work round their behaviour as im not well enough o take them training and cant afford a behaviourist.

• It must be lovely to have a big garden oldmaid.

I have two dogs ... both 'rescued' from awful situations by animal welfare organisations. One of them was starved to near-death by her previous owner. Despite the cruelty they have endured, they have very calm, loving temperaments ... and they're excellent companions.

Teddysmum43 ... I once had a dog that hated other dogs, and so I can relate to how this behaviour makes you feel anxious: have you tried using a 'head collar' (aka 'gentle leader' ... not sure whether I can mention the actual brand here or not!) They give you a lot more physical control over the dog's movements than a traditional collar & lead or harness & lead ie: when you're out with them, head collars would prevent your dogs from lurching towards other dogs.

• I have a dog, sometimes he causes me stress, sometimes he's just lovely and really cheers me up, he's like a living teddy bear. We like to sit in the garden and listen to my neighbours' chickens, not the same as buggery jars but still soothing.

My mother's got a cat that's 18 and still going strong, so you've years yet with yours, oldmaid!

Lovely blog x

• Hi Oldmaid

I have 3 cats who keep me company, we got them from a cat rescue and they are so close with each other, two girls and one boy and the girls absolutely adore the boy, its so cute to see. Xx

• Well done Old Maid

A lovely blog that is funny,cheerful and involves all kinds of people,who,like myself find animals a comfort.

I hope your lovely cat Nutter has many years left

xxx

• Hi Old Maid

We have a zoo, well nearly! 1 dog (staffie) 2 cats quite a number of tropical fish oh and the wabbit, the dog knows her place with the kitties!!

Certainly brings entertainment whatever my mood

Rob

• Hello axo,

I find animals very very restful,But wabbits are definitely my favourites,

You may also like...