Anxiety about trying again w boyfriend - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
45,791 members47,170 posts

Anxiety about trying again w boyfriend

Kat63
Kat63

I’m at my bf’s place. I have anxiety about our relationship, too. We’ve known each other 17 years, lived together for 10 wonderful years; then 4 years ago we had problems and I moved out. But we never really let go of each other. About a year ago I started trying to mend the relationship, started cleaning up my side of our street. About a month ago, I asked if I could move back in and we could try again. He agreed, and I move in 6 days. But I still worry that I ruined things forever.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

You can’t go back you can only go forward. It’s a new beginning. Shine☀️

What does that mean?

It means you got this. Everything is going to be ok

You asked him and his reply was positive! Why back track now? Unless it is you? Just sayin!

Kat63
Kat63 in reply to crazychkinwa59

His first response wasn’t positive. He said he’d gotten used to living on his own. That’s why I’m anxious.

Then we talked about it some. I said I wanted us to try the relationship again, because we had something good before. He said he loved me and agreed to us trying again.

Kat, trust that you and him will make it and think of all the fun you can have together! I hear me so much in your posts, the constant worrying (I hope you don’t take that the wrong way I mean I can relate) and I wish it were easy to relax and let things flow. So much of anxiety is driven by wanting to control things but we can’t! Do the best you can do in your relationship without hurting or denying yourself of your needs and let things flow. I hope that helps.

Kat63
Kat63 in reply to Coralrose5

I do understand what you mean. The sane, logical part of my mind understands. The scared/anxious/low self-esteem part of my mind is the part that’s the problem.

Thank you for answering me.

Coralrose5
Coralrose5 in reply to Kat63

I hope your anxiety gets better (and mine too!) I take buspar twice a day and it’s helping I think.

Coralrose5
Coralrose5 in reply to Kat63

And gosh my self esteem /confidence is so low right now. 😩

Kat63
Kat63 in reply to Coralrose5

I wish we both felt better about ourselves.

Hidden
Hidden

Hi Kat63, you survived the 4 years you were a part. You know you can live without him but life with him is so much better. Stop worrying and start living. Either way, you’ve got this!

You may also like...