Severe social anxiety and depression.... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
44,222 members45,878 posts

Severe social anxiety and depression...☹️

Firecracker52
Firecracker52

Hello. I am new to this and hoping to find someone who is going through similar problems. I am a middle aged, educated female with severe social anxiety and severe depression. I try to hide it and it gets more difficult as years go by and more so the last few months. I have had this my whole life. Zoloft and Paxil worked wonders but unfortunately don’t work anymore. I have tried everything and Can’t seem to find relief. It is maddening. I have always loved socializing and being the life of the party. It’s to the point, I have difficulty going out anymore. This also affects my job. I am a supervisor in the healthcare field. I could have gone much further in life, but unfortunately my social anxiety sets me back. Depression is so bad that I cry for no reason. I always have suicidal thoughts, but would never be an option. I want so bad to feel normal again. Anyone with similar issues?

8 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Hi, sorry you are going through this. I also could have gone further in my career but suffered a breakdown. I can’t say it was all anxiety, I had issues I needed to deal with and have since that time. Long story short, I went on Lexparo which helped me through a bad period during a divorce 10 years ago. Lexapro helped pull me out of depression and calm anxiety. I also cleaned up my eating habits and started exercising again. I joined some support groups in my area and attend meetings twice a week. I also see a therapist weekly. I know it’s hard to climb out of the pit, but one day at a time.

Firecracker52
Firecracker52
in reply to Hidden

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for responding. Sorry to hear what u had to go through. I have been on lexopro before. It made me irritable unfortunately. I just started Viibrid. I’m hoping this one helps. I would like to find support groups in my area. I’m in Rochester, NY. 😊

Lynn Ann

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Firecracker52

Hi Lynn Ann, nice name:). Support groups have helped me a lot. I tend to get in my head and analyze a lot, talking in person with others is much more therapeutic. I attend Celebrate Recovery and Codependents Anonymous

Howdy! Welcome to our humble abode! I know I feel the same way a lot, and there are days that are really hard to cope. Coming here was the best thing I ever did. The people here are wonderful and supportive! Come in, make yourself at home, and say hi! After all, a stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet. :)

Your friend,

Brian :)

Hi Brian,

Thank you. Just having u reach out makes me very comfortable and happy. Sometimes I feel all alone. Just knowing there are others with similar problems puts me at ease. I will definitely keep in touch and talk soon. 😊. Lynn

Anytime Lynn! We're here if you need us! :)

Hidden
Hidden

I'm on propanolol, it's performance enhancing drug . It helps the physical symptoms of anxiety. I'm not on depression meds because none of them worked.

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for reaching out. My heart breaks for you. I know the real pain of dealing with depression and anxiety. I think healing comes when we are willing to talk about it and ask for advice. So thank you for doing just that. I do not have any advice, but wanted to reassure you that there are people who care and know how you are feeling. I know its so easy to feel alone, but you are not. I am hoping and praying the new medicine that you are on will be helpful. Hang in there.

You may also like...