Anxiety and Depression Support
20,842 members18,500 posts

Over done!

I did this thing today that I always seem to do...

When i can feel that heavy feeling of dread coming on... (depression) ... I start to overdo everything! All happy happy laaaa di daaaa ... big smiles ... cute best clothes.. pile on the make up... keep smiling... hey lets go here lets go there! lets do this and that all day... keep making jokes make everyone laugh!

Cooked three big dishes (theres only 2 of us) ...

Just TOO MUCH.... and now i cleaned the whole world with Flash lemon.... 🍋! ... I’ve sat down in bed and booooooom its hit me like a bus!

I wanna cry and hide

But nothing has happened...

Just wanna hide away! ...

(Just wanted to let that out really)

Thanks for reading my rambling... sorry x

10 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm sorry you're dealing with this!! but good for you to keep trying and doing your best!! but don't push yourself to hard if you can't just to fake it or please others be real and gentle w/ yourself even when others aren't - I know this is not...

4 likes

haha, no need to apologize :)

1 like

Have you ever been diagnosed with depression? What you described kind of sounds manic.

1 like

Yeah I have.. its just me trying to stay busy and fake happiness so I don’t fall ...

Its spread over 12-14 hours in a day usually lol but just looks manic in a paragraph all together.

Are you on antidepressants?

1 like

No

Are you against this type of treatment? If not, I strongly suggest seeing a doctor. If yes, there are herbal alternatives,

1 like

No I’m not against it. I have had therapy and learnt ways to deal with without medications. I have a lung condition also and have soooo many medications with that too.. so I just decided to go through with just therapy and thankfully for me it was the right choice as I am A LOT better than I used to be . I am able to live a ‘normal’ life now.. yes i have off days but that is okay as long as I know when to go get professional help. Thank you so much for your replies and advice. Take care x

Well it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and I have no doubt that you will be fine. Take care of yourself.

1 like

Thank you x I wish the best for you x

You may also like...