My depression is affecting everything

My depression is affecting everything I do. I can not focus on school, I can't eat or sleep, I am losing friends because of it, I just don't like me. I am trying to get through it but I don't see a way out. I am waiting for the loft at the end of the tunnel but there is no sight of it. I am not getting better and I feel like I never will. I am so lost and alone.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hey now im not sure what your going threw but i have felt close to what your feeling for me i have one reason to keep going and sometimes i wonder if that will be enough but for now i hold on tight to that thought which is my daughters. Find that one thing hold on tight to it and soon you will find another and another i have faith in you keep strong and ill be hereif you need me

• You are not alone I promise. I just went to the doctor foe the first time today and got a lot of great advice from her and people on here. I have taken that advice and put it to use. I feel a lot better tonight than I did this morning. Before I went to the doctor all I did was sit in my recliner and cry over anything and everything. I had severe depression and suicidal thoughts. I promise you there is light at the end of the tunnel. It is a long hard road and we are all going through something similar to you. If you need anything feel free to message me.

• So you didn't mention if you are getting help ...seeing a therapist or taking meds and exercising do it for yourself you have to practice self care and I know its hard when you feel down Sometimes its hard to be friends with someone whose depressed because they won't acknowledge it or try to make a change for the better just start with baby steps try walking around the block, listening to music, talk.to a friend and don't forget to listen to your friend try to get out of your head if your artistic draw paint etc

You may also like...