Tough week

Hi everyone! I'm new here but I've been dealing with depression and ocd/bdd for several years now and these past few days have been rather difficult for me. My symptoms tend to wax and wane and for a long time I felt like I got passed it only to end up feeling it creep up again this month. A lot of my depression stems from ocd/bdd and its gotten pretty severe in the past. I'm considering going back to therapy soon and my mom convinced me to seek out a support group so I'm hoping this can help :)

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello! I'm brand new here too! I think therapy is a wonderful idea. Seems like you have a very loving & supportive Mother, as well. The good news is that we are NOT alone - even though depression makes us feel so sad, lonely & isolated. I'M ROOTING FOR YOU : )

• Awww, thank you so much for your kind words! And welcome!! I'm glad there are resources like this for help. Also good luck to you too!! :)

• We tend to be very supportive here, so this can be a great place for you. There are a lot of people here. You can pm (private message) anyone you really want to keep in touch with. That's always a nice option.

Therapy is a good option that you should probably consider along with us as a support group. Therapy is a one on one that does a great job if you and your therapist click after you get to know each other. I hope you do that. I love my therapist!!!

• Oh that's a really cool feature! Thanks for letting me know! And yeah I'm probably gonna go back to my old therapist since I feel like she was really helpful. It's so heartwarming to see how supportive everyone here is!

You may also like...