My soul is even crying

My soul is even crying

Hi, I am new here, I have suffered depression and anxiety for almost 30 years now. This Holiday season has been my worst yet. I have sought psychiatric care and have meds that help some but not this year. I am soo depressed and lonely. I have have spent 34 hours out of the last 36 alone and it is really getting to me. I have no one I can reach out to and it is really bothering me!

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Anxiety and depression are hard to deal with and to have the holidays on top of that makes it that much worse. I'm sorry you're going thru this. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for over 20 years. Being on medication is the only thing that helps. It seems to return when I stop. I just keep hoping that someday I won't need them. I have a hard time being around people when I feel anxious or depressed. Maybe you can talk to your Dr. about increasing your dose or changing your medication. Hope you feel better soon.

• I am so sorry, I too have had depression and anxiety on and off for 40 years. You are not alone.I am with you. I know the holidays are hard. I dread them. I focus on their religious meaning and try not to get caught up in the pressure to be thrilled. I was in the hospital in October and I still don't feel right. Only with God's grace am I alright. Don't isolate try and make contact!

You are not alone.

• I am so sorry that you are feeling lonely and depressed. I wish there was more I could do to help ease your heart ache. Perhaps getting a pet could help combat the loneliness. My dog bandit has been a lifesaver for me.

• I am sorry you are feeling this way, I can relate because I am going through the same

thing right now. The holiday season is always tough. Hope you start to feel better soon.

You may also like...