This Action on Depression HealthUnlocked community is set up to support people who have diagnosed or undiagnosed depression, their friends, family, carers etc. The site is moderated by supporters of Action on Depression who are volunteers or paid employees of Action on Depression. actionondepression.org
Content on this site does not replace the relationship between you and your doctor or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.
Views expressed are those of individuals and not of Action on Depression.
Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for any discussions regarding self-treatment or the outcome of any such discussions.
Members this Action on Depression HU community must read these Guidelines which cover the whole of the site including the Posts, Questions and Direct Messages.
1. The support team reserves the right to delete any post they judge inappropriate without notifying the author. The member may be informed of the reason the post was deleted and invited to rewrite their post.
2. The support team reserves the right to make any member 'read only'. An explanation may be provided via the messages.
3. The support team reserves the right to remove a member from the register. An explanation may be provided.
4. Action on Depression reserves the right to refuse membership to the Action on Depression community.
5. Please report any abusive or inappropriate posts.
6. All members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
7. We want all members to be comfortable posting here. In order to ensure that, any post which causes alarm, harassment or distress to any person, whether or not intended by the poster, may be removed.
8. People posting and/or answering questions on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals.
9. Posts, answers and comments posted on the website should be designed to support, not replace, medical advice.
10. Members posting on Action on Depression’s HU community must only post information which is true and correct to their knowledge. If relevant, please provide references to health or medical information.
11. Do not breach copyright rules by placing documents onto Action on Depression’s community unless you have permission from the author of the document. You can, however, post excerpts with links to the full text of the document.
12. If you post a link, please at least explain briefly what people can expect to find if they follow the link. Links without such an introduction/explanation may be deleted.
13. If possible, show a clear distinction between personal experience or opinion and evidence-based information.
14. Where possible, link to information on the Action on Depression website - actionondepression.org
15. Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.
16. Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the content of ‘Private Messages’ or the outcome of any action taken as a result of any such message. The messaging system is private and cannot be accessed by the support team.
17. If members choose to make contact via email, telephone or in person, Action on Depression cannot be held responsible for the outcome.
18. Any post considered to be advertising will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the support team.
19. Any post which appears to be asking for money, except for fundraising for Action on Depression, will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the support team.
20. Do not name and shame identifiable individuals.
21. Do not solicit members to other websites or forums for your own purposes either via posts or the messages system.
22. Do not post advertisements, links or information of any sort whatsoever, on where or how to obtain UK prescription only medications without prescription.
23. Do not post offers to sell or give away your unwanted medications or over the counter supplements. Some people may have adverse reactions to the ingredients in these and you may be held responsible. Similarly, do not post requests for meds or over the counter supplements from others.
24. Do not post contact details of psychiatrists or doctors on the main board without their permission as this may result in unwanted attention from certain areas of the medical profession.
25. Do not post links or website addresses in the subject field of Posts or Questions.
26. All content can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all for non-commercial purposes.
27. Action on Depression reserves the right to update and/or amend these Guidelines at any time without notice.