'Well' blood test results

I don't know if anyone would have read my previous post about feeling well a year after my total thyroidectomy but these are my latest blood test results:

Urea and Electrolytes

Urea 3.3 (2.9-7.1)

Sodium 136 (135-146)

Potassium 3.8 (3.5-5.0)

Creatinine 51 (40-90)

Bone profile

Calcium 2.33 (2.15-2.60)

Albumin 43 (35-48)

Phosphate 1.18 (0.8-1.5)

Alk.Phos 44 (30-130)

Adj.Calcium 2.27 (2.15-2.60)

TSH 0.76 (0.35-5.0)

C-Reactive Protein <5 (<5)

Haematinics

Serum B12 541 (130-800)

Serum Folate >25.2 (4-20)

Ferritin 42 (12-250)

Vit D 89 (50-150)

If anyone really wants me to write up the FBC results i will...

The only thing i am unhappy about is the ferritn result, will be thinking of supplementing higher than the 14mg a day i am currently taking.

I have upped my exercise routine and have started to incorporate a bit of weight training which i am really enjoying. I have lost 7lbs in the last 2 months and my trousers are feeling a bit looser :) I am hope to get back to my starting weight at the time of my op by christmas!

Also in September I started doing a BTEC 3 in Mechanical Engineering through work, I get a day release but have to make up 4 hours. I am really enjoying this course but finding it hard to juggle work, college, fitness and overtime! I have come to the decision that the overtime is the least important, and i will have to draw in the purse strings to compensate.

This time last year I could only manage to go to work and a bit of overtime, so i really want to exercise as I feel well enough too :)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh and for some reason this is the first time they have not tested my fT3 of t4!!!

• They are good . if you want to take extra iron that is safe, not much else to self medicate is!!My endo prefers the sachets from Holland and Barrat. I now, have to pyu for my FT3 test, TSH, T4 and FT3 ,I have the intermediate test from Blue Horizon, through tUK , bloods, means a discount £ 10, quote TUK 10. They are very well known lab TDL so docs recognise them if you want it to influence your treatment.

Good luck!

Jackie

• Thank you! I'll be heading into holland and barrett tmrw! I think i'll just wait till next year to get retested, im presuming they'll ask me in a years time anyway... :)

• wandell It rakes ages for iron to alter so I would allow at least 3 months before another test. I note the time of your e mail. A lot of us do not sleep if thyroid off.The normal thyroid pattern is do sleep a little and then be awake for hours . repeatidly during the night. Before I had treatment I was awake most of the night, when I had my children at home, it was a nightmare. Now, even with my conditions my sleep is effected when my thyroid goes "off".Just a thought!

Jackie

• I was working my part time job behind a bar ;) I dont think my doc would test my iron again as its within range, do you know what quantity of iron i should be taking? :)

• The sleep thing is interesting though, at thee beginning of the year i was always waking up at silly o clock, i figured it was thyroid related but i presumed most people had problems with too much sleep!

• It is not recognised by most doctor, so I keep quiet with them but hyper keeps you awake if a different way. With hypo you are dogged tired, sleep heavily for a little while ,then are awake a long time. it is well recognised to those of us who are hypo.Regarding iron I would go by what is on the pack. That is meant to be the most digestable, a lot of the others may cause constipation ,also that one ( sachets) is meant to be easily absorbed but it is pricey!If you reply click" Reply to this"It was luck that I found your reply!

Best wishes,

Jackie

• Sorry! I keep forgetting to click on the right one! Thank you for your replies Jackie :)

You may also like...