High Vit B12

Hi All

I need a bit of advise. I have been diagnosed with Undifferentiated Connective Tissue Disease and Thyroiditis a year ago and I take Hydroxychloroquine everyday since, nothing for thyroid. I have recently asked my rheumatologist for copy of my blood test results, which they have send and I could see high Vit B12 (1196pg/ml), range is between 191 - 663. They haven't said anything to me about it :(

I am really concerned, as I suffer from severe fatigue, digestive issues, massive loss of hair. I hope someone can advise. Thank you x

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Have you supplemented vitamin B12 over the last couple of years at all? Or taken multivitamins or B Complex supplements?

• No, never :(

• The only Vitamins I take are Fish oil and Vit D. Doctors are not giving too much of advise :(

• This may be relevant :

academic.oup.com/qjmed/arti...

For information on vitamin B12 you would be best advised to speak to the people in the Pernicious Anaemia forum, another community on HealthUnlocked. You would have to join/follow the group in the same way that you joined this one :

healthunlocked.com/pasoc

Vitamin B12 is not dangerous. Having a high level of B12 without supplementing may be a symptom of a possible problem it isn't a cause of a problem.

• Thank you so much humanbean, I will have a look now xx

You may also like...