Starting adrenavive 2 (bovine adrenal cortex)

So I've been taking ndt and self medicating (after few yr of levothyroxine)...I am now up to 3 grains tsh is repressed but T4 only just beginning of the range. .don't know what T3 is as I cannot get it done anymore (new rules uk) but previously that 2 had been low ...even when on levothyroxine at least I had git to middle of range!vitamins are ok.I am reluctant to raise as I feel 3 should be enough and adding t3 isn't possible with the nhs any more!I have never adressed my adrenals before and a synacthen test 18th ago had said I had a small disfunction that didn't warrant steroids.Should I stop my ndt whilst adressing my adrenals and then start again or just cut down ndt dose alongside the adrenal support? I have yet to feel well since diagnosis 7 yr ago and I'm hoping this may be the key??

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lozzer66,

I wouldn't stop taking NDT or you will become hypothyroid. FT4 is usually a lot lower when taking NDT. It doesn't matter that FT4 is low if FT3 is good. You can order private thyroid tests via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin... Medichecks have #ThyroidThursday discounts.

• I'm unsure as I have been told that by taking the adrenal support then suddenly my body will start using the ndt and I could start hyper problems....I am still hypo on the 3 grain I am taking

• The most important test is the one they don't do! When on any form of T3 you need to get your FT3 tested. I also read when doing my research re NDT that your body may stop you raising your dose if you have an adrenal problem. Something that happened 18 years ago may have righted itself or may be gone the other way but either way I wouldn't dwell on that result but how you are feeling now.

My Endo says on any T3 then your TSH will be suppressed or even zero and FT4 can be down to mid range but FT3 has to be in range towards the top. One thing it may be worth trying is to drop your dose by a quarter of a grain then after a settling period do you feel better or worse. I say that because I missed my seeet spot and continued raising but it didn't make much difference. The symptoms of under and over can be very similar so ended up going back to 1.75!

• Yes this is what I thought rgds ndt and adrenal...I know tis the important one ..but the only fail safe is basal body temperature and I'm still low so still hypo and I think it's the adrenal problem that is stopping me from utilising my 3 grain ndt ..I'm lowering it not stopping and adding the bovine

• Hi..did you take adrenavive and did you lower NDT?

• Hi mb008. ...yes I cut down to one ndt and started 1adrenal cortex....I monitored temperature and it started to drop lower than it had (even though I was lowin the first place) ..I decided to add another half a grain then after a couple of weeks increased adrenal cortex to 2....all the time trying to tweak according to my basal temperature!the last few days I have increased ndt another half grain so now I'm taking 2 ndt and 2 adrenal cortex.I'm sleeping a little better and mood feels a little improved and I've noticed my temperature although not as high as it should be it seems to be balancing so it's not as up and down as it was previously. ..I think this is the adrenal cortex...I'm going to keep monitoring and may end up taking another half grain to get temperature optimal and keep at the 2 adrenal cortex to keep it on amore even keel....are you thinking of trying this yourself??

You may also like...