What supplements should I take?

Hi lovely people!

I have Hashis and have just been diagnosed with PA. As I am new to all of this could you advise me which supplements I should be taking? I am starting my B12 loading injections next Monday. I am low on Ferritin and Folate, my TSH is 1.68 but GP will not up my dose (I'm on 100mcg) I really want to feel better so any advice very welcome.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • If you edit your post and post your results with ranges you will be given advice specific to you.

Also are your periods heavy or not?

• Sorry here are my results hope this helps:

Ferritin 22.0 (20-150) ug/L

TSH 1.68 (0.27-4.2) mu/L

T4 Total 96.0 (64.5-142.0) nmol/L

free T4 17.80 (12-22) pmol/L

Free T3 4.18 (3.1-6.8) pmol/L

Anti - Thyroid peroxidase abs H 268.9 <34

Anti - Thyroglobulin Abs H 485.5 <115

Vit B12 L 142 deficient <140. Insufficient 140 - 250. Consider reducing dose >725

Serum Folate L 5.82 (8.83 - 60.8) nmol/L

I think I may be Premenopausal as my periods are all over the place, when I do have them they are very heavy!

• You are a bit undermedicated, your folate and iron are too low and you already know what's up w b12. You may feel a bit better and your levo might work a bit better once you get all these in a better place (at least halfway in range). You could also try selenium to reduce your antibodies but ensure you get the odour-free kind (I couldn't manage the ordinary one).

Do you have the Dr Toft book? It says that some people don't feel better unless their tsh is below 1 and it may sway your doc to raise your dose. There is no reason why you shouldn't be on a bit more levo to see if you improve, you have plenty of room to tweak it.

You have all my sympathy re periods. I expected mine to get more and more scant until they went away entirely but oops, that was wrong.

You may also like...