I ve been on NDT for over 3 months after being on levo for around 10 years. I was on 150mg. My lack of energy meant I was unable to work full time, and took redundancy last year. I'm finding that being on 2 grains of NDT isn't making a massive difference to my energy levels. I did go up to 2.5 grains but didn't feel any better, so went for a blood test not telling the Dr I was on NDT. The TSH test came back low - 0.04, and the t4 was at 11. I've heard those kind of results are typical when on NDT. It alerted the Dr so I told her I was on NDT. I've been taking my body temp regularly, and it's gone up during NDT from a low of 34, to now averaging 36. The strength of my pulse has increased too. My problem is I don't feel any better.. I also take nutri adrenal, magnesium vit B12, C, and D.. I'm trying the Tom brimeyer diet but haven't bought the books due to expense.. Thanku

1 Reply

• Jackie101,

You need an FT3 test to check FT3 level. Most people on NDT will feel well when FT3 is in the upper third of range. You can order a home finger prick test from Blue Horizon and Genova via thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/testin... Blue Horizon's thyroid profile 11 includes some vitamin and mineral tests which means you can test ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate levels.

You may also like...