It has been a while since I posted as I have sort of been ticking along since seeing Dr P just over 18 months ago and taking Nutri Thyroid (urine test showed low T4 though T3 okay - but all bloods including TSH have always always been 'in range'). I haven't ever been fully okay but probably got back up to 40 per cent whereas before I was 10 per cent!
However recently my symptoms have intensified - sinus inflammation, pressure in my head, migraines, increased weight gain despite exercise and absolute, total overwhelming fatigue. But basically I more or less have every single symptom listed on Thyroid Uk to varying degrees. I also have abnormal liver function tests - just been to the doctors to check and my bilirubin is high and GGT. I am also very irritable - I can't stand my poor husband at the moment and have even said to him to stop breathing as it annoys me! "if you want to breathe can you please go into the conservatory!" Oh dear. This coincided with my Nutri Thyroid running out at Christmas and me being slow to replace it. Though I toyed with self medicating I have only ever taken NT as I was a little better and my bloods were always okay....
Anyway I decided to do the Blue Horizon test this week. And my results are back and my TSH is high though I appreciate not as high as some people's on here. Plus my ferritin is through the floor despite taking Floradix on a regular basis. I take B12 vits, Vit D3, folate, Coq10, Magnesium, Vit C and one or two other supplement. I have included a photo of my results.
I know I can go back to just taking the NT and seeing what happens but I really now do think I need some 'proper' medication. I'm not happy with just being 30-40 per cent okay. So what to do? My options are:
take these results to the GP and ask for Levo and for them to check my ferritin again (report from BH suggest I could be anaemic) and do a full blood count. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia and have been saying for ages that I think it is my thyroid and that my abnormal liver results are related to this also but the last time I raised it I left the surgery in tears (you can read my previous post on that!) Do I risk being traumatised again. I have also just been to the doctors about my headaches and am having an MRI in a couple of weeks (plus I need to go about a lump in my breast though I think that is a fatty lump, not sinister) so I am worried about going with this as well, will I just look a total hypochondriac? And I bet they will just say let's test again in 3 months. Also do I really want to take Levo? mmmn perhaps not but maybe I give it a chance??? That's if I get that far... I am worried that because my T4 is in range they will just dismiss me (albeit it's at the lower end)
My second option is to see if Dr P can advise, give me his protocol for NDT and buy it myself, though that does scare me. Also not been in touch with him for ages so he might not want to advise based on these tests.
My third option is to wait and see what happens. BH suggest testing again in 3 months as I could be about to go hypothyroid but sooner if symptoms appear or it could be general illness. As I feel soooooo bad though and have had so many symptoms for so long (I think it might be a problem with my pituitary rather than thyroid as Dr P urine test showed low T4 but normal TSH and T3) and have left it for so long that I think I am ready to start helping myself a bit more.
I know only I can decide but with all my symptoms and temperatures as low as 35.3 and heart rate 55 I sort of think now might be the time to act. But your input/advice is always welcome and appreciated.