Auto immune thyroid diseaes

Hi

I have been on Armour for a couple of years now on two grains, felt ok. had my blood test taken last week TSH 0.10 T4 11.9 T3 4.8 .

My Doc who prescribes me armour thought i should try Levothyroxine as it could be better for me. I've been on it 3 days now 50mg then rising to 100mg but too high couldn't sleep so reduced it back to 50 mg - I am taking it at night as i read it works better especially as i take lots of supplements.

I have a really salty

taste in my mouth and lips and today a tight sensation in my thyroid area around my neck. thinking about stopping as I am afraid it could turn into a Goiter?

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Wecome to the forum, Lotus.

2 grains NDT is equivalent to 150-200mcg Levothyroxine. Your thyroid is probably swelling because you are undermedicated on 50mcg. It's a total nonsense to have switched you from Armour because he thinks Levothyroxine is better. The best thyroid med is the one on which you feel well. I suspect your doctor felt your TSH was low and that's why he switched you to an inadequate dose of Levothyroxine.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

You may also like...