Turned a corner

As i was walking to the tube this evening, i found myself staring at people who smoked, and for the first time had a moment when i saw myself as a non-smoker as opposed to being an ex-smoker. The difference for me is that i felt a little bit disgusted with the habit and the smell of it where previously there was a more positive feeling, like "looking at a good friend" type of feeling.Β 

There was still the presence of a craving, make no mistake, but it felt very empowering. There is just not one good reason to smoke.

Here is hoping i have turned another corner, and things will get easier.

I hope you all are hanging in there and enjoying your non-smoking status!

9 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Arhhh Fantastic tictac, it feels good yeah. You are doing great. I like to look out my office at work and watch them standing there freezing in the rain trying to light up. I think glad I don't have to go out there. Had staff training today and when it came to a break, I could tell the ones who had been out for a smoke as they stank of tobacco. That was me once I thought , silently sniggering to myself. Looks like your coming out the other side yeahhh :) don't get me wrong the urge still pops it's ugly head now and again, but it is getting better :) stay strong your doing FAB x

• Totally agree maddy, it's great during a break when you can relax with a cuppa whilst the smokers leg it to try and cram in two before coming back stinking 😊🚭🚭🚭🚭🚭🚭

• That is just awesome....gotta love those wow!!!moments..πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Yep it's a great feeling tictac when ya turn that corner, well done I'm delighted that you have. onwards and upwards and keep moving forward you lovely non smokerπŸš­πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜Š

• That's a coincidence as I'm watching program about the tube on channel 5!

I had that moment sat at traffic light in Bristol and watched a woman walking along smoking and thought it looked weird πŸ˜€

• I just want to shake them and tell them to quit Andrew.... Probably get arrested or something 😟😊

• No Droopy your not allowed to shake them HA HA HA

• Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Well done tictac sounds like you're in a good place πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­

You may also like...