Turning the corner

Turning the corner

Hi all.

After 3 months of whinging on about my cough I can finally tell you some good news. The background is I finally quit smoking the day I went to A&E very short of breath, 11 weeks ago. I had to wait until antibiotics were well out of my system before I could have spirometry, which was just over a week ago. The outcome of that was that I "do not fit the criteria for COPD" which is a massive relief, and my condition is more like asthma although my GP has not named it as asthma just yet. I've finally been prescribed a "preventer" inhaler and while it's supposed to take a while to take effect, I have had a massive improvement in my breathing.ย  The lack of proper sleep and worry over what was wrong with me was wearing me down psychologically and so I've also been prescribed anti-depressants, and they too are supposed to take a week or so before they have an effect. I can say, however, that today I do feel every so slightly more chirpy than I have done of late. The other good news is that my bank account has about ยฃ300 more in it than it would have done if I had still been smoking. (It would have been more like ยฃ450 if I hadn't gone for NRT). I have not once wanted to smoke. Honestly. Things are starting to look up :-)

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Great news DDad, I'm delighted for ya๐Ÿ‘ well done for hanging in there through it all๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Be very proud of yourself and here's to a healthier, wealthier future๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hi desperate dad I am very glad to hear you do not have COPD. And that your inhaler is making a difference to your breathing. Keep up the NOPE. And take care x

• Hi DD, so glad the tests came back negative for COPD and your breathing is improving. I too take antidepressants, they can take a long time to work so persevere with them. Hope you're gonna splash out on something wonderful with your ยฃ300, keep us posted, I haven't kept a record of what I've saved (I normally put it in a jar) but it's in the region of ยฃ500 already.ย 

• Brilliant news about COPD and money in the bank as well ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

It's great that you're feeling better within yourself as well. Keep being positive and believe in yourself ๐Ÿ‘

Well done ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Delighted for you DD๐Ÿ˜Š Perseverance is definitely the key when we quit so good for you ๐Ÿ˜Š

ย The anti depressants will probably take longer than a week to kick in so don't be worrying, they sort of creep up on you, so one day you will realise that they have started to take effect๐Ÿ˜Š (Hope that make sense)

• AWESOME news Ddad๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I can feel your relief๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ

• Great news!!!!

• Fantastic news, sounds like your coming out the other side at last. You can now stop worrying :) Well Done on 11 weeksย 

You may also like...