Pelvic Pain Support Network
11,158 members3,456 posts

Pelvic inflammatory disease

So I have not long finished my antibiotics for PID and still feeling awful. I wanted to have a chat/support forum specifically for PID to find some comfort in talking to others.

Anyone out there?

28 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi DM14,

I’m sorry you’re still feeling unwell. Are you feeling generally unwell or is there any pain? Is it possible you might need to have a second course of antibiotics? I would definitely book to see your GP or if you prefer you can attend a sexual health centre as they are the experts in treating PID event if it’s not related to sexual health. Some women although very low get it if they develop an infection after a mirena insertion although this isn’t very common.

I’d also look into probiotics as antibiotics also kill the good bacteria we need in our bodies. I’ve put a link on here which will take you to the nhs page. Some of the information will apply to you some won’t so please don’t be alarmed or worried by it.

nhs.uk/conditions/pelvic-in...

I’m hoping someone on here who has also had PID can come on here and give you some additional advice.

I hope this helps but keep on posting as this is a very common question

1 like

Hi DM14,

What antibiotics did your dr gave you?

Hugx

*Please refer to your older post, maybe we can continue chatting there?

When I had this, they admitted me to the hospital for IV antibiotics for a week.

1 like

Now you feel better?

I did..I actually got PID from an iud that i had inserted a week or so prior to the hospital visits..also turns out i have PCS..pelvic congestion syndrome..there is no cure for that so I'm constantly in pain. Once you get PID you are more susceptible to further bouts of it too..

1 like

Hi

I'm so sorry that you're having pain from PCS..

are working? Have kids? How do you cope with your everyday routine?

Hugsx

I haven't actually been able to work since this all started back in april. I have 2 kids and a husband..daily routine goes right out the window most days unfortunately. It has been a nightmare to be honest.

I’m so sorry... i hope you will be better , i love your positive and good strength!

Yes nightmares, the only happiness only in my dreams at night..

Keep in touch ya! Hugxs

hi,

how do you cope with pain?

Yes, I’m currently on antibiotics for PID. I came on here looking for support forums too and there aren’t any specifically for PID.

2 likes

Hugs

I feeling better with antibiotics but when taking antibiotics my skin reddish a bit at my chest

And I always skip Probiotic pills..

Hi I have recently finished antibiotics for pid and I am really badly suffering with pain in lower abdomen and awful pain during sex I can’t cope and I want more children :(

1 like

Oh poor dear!

How long did you feeling this way?

Been back and I have more antibiotics moxifloxacin and had a swab done for microplasma? Anyone else had this struggle! How long have people had it for and then told they can’t have any children?

1 like

update us the result!

For how long did you feel the pain?

Moxi very strong drug, hope u will feel better.

I had Moxi once too

Today after i stop antibiotics, i feel something lingering in my lower abdomen :(

Sooooo much pelvic pain tonight in my bum!any suggestions?? A hot water bottle is not helping x

1 like

Oh no.. pain killer won’t do too right?

Hang in there!

I’ve heard Serrapatase and Wobenzyme help with PID.

Did you start using it?

Not yet. I will in the next week or so

If i in pain, i massage my abomen with castor oil together with heating pad.. it reduce the pain a bit.. and i drink green tea to calm me down

I’m on day 4 of antibiotics for PID. Mine was triggered by a huge amount of internal intervention following a pregnancy loss. I get real pelvic pain in my bum too so was actually a bit reassured to read the above comment!

1 like

Hi Katie,

Sorry for your lost..

I think i might have pid due to d&c

But never officially diagnosed..

my lower abdominal pain over a year but this past few months my lower abdominal getting worst.

tons of antibiotics but nothing seems to help..

I’m gonna push for a laparoscopy from my Dr.

An infection is back!!!!!

My urine sample got sent to the hospital to be looked at under a microscope and has shown further bacteria.

So back on antibiotics :(

1 like

Hugx

Did your dr concern and care about you for all this years? I hope you get better treatment :(

Did you follow any anti inflammatory diets?

I’m praying for you, may god ease your(everyone’s) pain too

Amen

I have seen various doctors... the one I have now seems to be the most understanding as she has endometriosis herself so can sympathise with pelvic pain.

Diets... I have done wheat free and gluten free but I am certain my issues is not affected by foods x

1 like

You may also like...