Desperately looking for advice. Have asked a question on this site before and the response was so helpful I had hoped I could tap into your wealth of experience again. In short I am 42 and have had intermentsrual bleeding since October 11. Several visits to GP and told to wait wait wait eventually given appt for TVS. This showed 4cm cyst with internal echoes ?endometria ?heamorgherric?? and endometrium lining of less than 1mm. Gp did ca 125 which came back at 145 so had urgent referral. Saw registrar who talked to me about endometrioisis, laporoscopy and how I would feel about hysterectomy etcetc. Come back in 2 weeks to see consultant when would make a plan. Saw consultant who totally dismissed cyst Ca 125 level and said change coil to Mirena!!! I pushed for a biopsy and he agreed to have done when coil changed and another ultra sound in 2 months. Anyway since then my bleeding has got worse and worse to the stage I am bleeding all the time with sessions every other week where v heavy. This makes no sense to me if lining of womb is negligible. I know that bleeding is not the normal symptom of OC but believe is can happen. Anyway because my symptoms have got worse I have managed (through being a complete pain in the bum probably) to get another TVS on Wed followed by appt with consultant. I had a message from the consultant via the secretary.. "have a think what you want him to do!!!!!!!"
I feel so let down and a bit bloody scared that something missed. If the cyst is still there should I be insisting on laporoscopy. Dont want to waste this appt and dont want to carry on like this. Feel nauseous all the time exhaused and pain ache. Ca125 had come down to 76 but even so is twice normal. To at least find the casue of raised ca125 would be something. I have never had any gynae probs before. Period not painful regular as clockwork.