No Smoking Day
2,735 members31,402 posts

I believe it’s nearly a year!

I’m, not over sure but think I may be near the one year mark, now historically in my ever so many failed practice attempts at quitting, I would have just thought I can not do this it’s impossible for me, and you guessed it started again.

It is without doubt a clear situation, of getting to the point, when you just have to keep going, now for me at least alcohol, was not a issue, coffee was neither a issue, And at times my other half was not a issue, it was the thought of can life ever be normal, and then a light bulb moment, it’s not normal to put poison in your mouth light it and in hale, and then I was up and running, eating the full contents of my fridge ( that’s just breakfast) being unhappy, not knowing why.!!!!!!! Crying not know why!!!!

Was it all worth it ABSOLUTELY,Today I have fleeting thoughts of smoking, and I guess as smoking is a addiction they might happen now and again.but I can say smoking, helps nothing , do I need to smoke, NO, do I want to smoke NO..

I can honestly say it’s the best decision of your life, it’s was mine, and sure it will be yours just keep going, that’s all you need to do.

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes Tracey3 you certainly are very near your 1 year milestone and joining us in the Penthouse, we have waited with huge anticipation for this day to come and will be some party (23 January)- hope you have a few tunes lined up for us Nozmo and Hercu stocks up the beer and catches some South African fish for me to cook :P

But......seriously, very well done, you are a prime example of never giving up on stopping, there was some big and small bumps in the road and you survived life's difficult curve balls thrown at you, I am so proud, as am sure so many others here....congratulations!

PS Your savior was definitely myself and Nozmo burning down 'The Corner Shop' :D

1 like

Ha ha, I was just going to suggest that Tracey gets the beers in from the infamous shop. She can stride in there with confidence these days.

1 like

Well done Tracey - extremely proud of you! Not long to go now.

1 like

Thankyou roisin, Nozmo, I’ve no intentions of reverting back to the devil deman, and am convinced, had cigarettes been introduced today, it would be a band substance.

Every days new, and who knows what it will bring, but smoking is not in the picture

Thankyou

2 likes

Well done Tracey. If introduced today, pure tobacco might be legal but not the product with all the additives.

Almost the weekend.

1 like

Hey Tracey3 - 1 year today, huge congratulations and well done, you fought hard. Hope your health issues have improved and we see back here soon :)

You may also like...