Forum was key

Hi

I quit 1 year ago ( Feb 2015). Failed a few times before, but this one has stuck. I honestly think I'm free. I often feel disbelief that I actually did this after so many years of smoking and failed quits but I have. My tips :- read/post on a forum every day at least for first 3 months but if possible all year. I know I would not have done a year without the support. I had a buddy ( hi Incy) and it was vital. You kind of share the experience and don't want to let each other down. Also the posts are a distraction from tempting nico thoughts 😩, they help you to stay focused on why you're doing this and pass time whilst you let a craving float on by. Good luck to everyone starting out and long may freedom continue to those of us on the forever journey NOPE. X

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's nice to hear your positivity when I'm looking at this countdown clock ! Well done ;)

• Congratulations annemarie, I am proud to have accompanied nearly all your journey and I have to say you it was some classy ride! Well done Lady!!!!

• Thanks mmaya, your support for everyone is amazing and you're doing great yourself too xxxx

• Congratulations and well done, 1 year is great!

• Well done!

• Great post and agree that popping on here everynight helps - I look forward to logging on knowing I have managed another day, can honestly say I will keep logging on just so I can post an update - Day 36 for me and feeling good,

• Congratulations on day 36, sounds like you're doing great one day at a time. I wish you all the best, it's well worth it x x x

• Good for you runmeg, you are doing great, keep it up!

• Very well said, a huge congratulations from me. All the hard work done, with all the pleasures to gain

In my book that's sooooo amazing, well done you😀😀😀😀

You may also like...